Windows 10: Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

Discus and support Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I resetted my PC using the Reset this PC feature. I noticed that all of my UWP apps are gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KristianTodorov, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

Hello! Recently I resetted my PC using the Reset this PC feature. I noticed that all of my UWP apps are gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

KristianTodorov, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Issues with using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage to provision UWP app

I am currently trying to manage installation a line of business UWP application on a series of client machines. I need to make sure that the application is installed for any user that signs into windows on a particular machine. To do this I am copying the APPX file of the UWP app to a provisioning directory, and using this command to provision the application:

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\myapp-provision -SkipLicense.

The application installs fine for users some/most of the time. However, I am running into a couple of issues fairly consistatnly.

1. Sometimes, after provisioning a new version of the application, when a new user signs into windows, they still see the previous version of the application installed.
    2. Sometimes, after provisioning the application for the first time, when a new user signs into windows and searches for the app in the start menu, they get no results.

Both of these issues can be resolved by going to Apps & Features, searching for the application in list, selecting Advanced Options on the app, and then selecting reset.

This is an ok fix for the short term, but long term, I cant rely on users to always be aware that they may need to reset the app before using it.

Is there a better way I can go about getting this application installed for all users? Are there additional steps I am missing?

Caleb Powell, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell

1. Issues with UWP Apps/Powershell - Similar Threads - Issues UWP Apps

2. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  3. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  4. What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?: I'd like to know what's the command to re-install all the preinstalled UWP apps? The single line of PowerShell code that worked just fine for W10 no longer work at all on W11.I'm asking because I deleted an apps i ended up needing and now i'm unable to find said apps on the...
  5. What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?

What's the PowerShell command to re-install the preinstalled UWP apps on W11?: I'd like to know what's the command to re-install all the preinstalled UWP apps? The single line of PowerShell code that worked just fine for W10 no longer work at all on W11.I'm asking because I deleted an apps i ended up needing and now i'm unable to find said apps on the...
  6. Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps using PowerShell?: Can I remove Windows 10 UWP apps PowerShell? Wouldn't this be a violation of the license agreementEULA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-remove-windows-10-uwp-apps-using-powershell/9f599372-c700-40a6-a8f2-1136880f6240
  7. Audio resetting at 100% issue on UWP apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio resetting at 100% issue on UWP apps: [ATTACH] I have the issue with my volume. It's happening in Video and Groove Music app from Windows 10. Basically UWP. Whenever I listen to the song, watch a video through it and decide to lower the volume from 100% to lower numbers after restarting the app by playing the...
  8. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  9. UWP Apps not opening

UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...