Windows 10: Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue

Discus and support Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the issue is I have a machine that takes 5 minutes to boot up. Initially it starts when the windows 10 logo appears with the cycling dot, dot, dot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mearmortal, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue

So the issue is I have a machine that takes 5 minutes to boot up.

Initially it starts when the windows 10 logo appears with the cycling dot, dot, dot going on, the PC doesn't show any activity on the drive and may or may not flash it once in a while so it appears it's waiting for something. It stays at this point for about 3 minutes 10 seconds and then proceeds to the next stage of booting up.

We are at the black screen with dot, dot, dot circling again, at this point it's doing the same thing little to no activity on the drive, about 2 minutes waiting an then brings in the USB devices and shows me the login screen. After all this windows operates as normal.

I've looked at several options.

Restart repair, for repairing startup options, no issues to repair. - no change

Using msconfig to disable all non-Microsoft services, and all startup options apart from 1 entry of avast. - no change.

Unplugged all USB devices including mouse and keyboard, no change.

I've been in safemode and done sfc /scannow, nothing found.

I've done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, no change.

I've followed that up with another sfc /scannow and nothing found.

When I examine the logs in the event viewer under Diagnostic Performance, Operational, I have times like:

What other options other than a re-install do I have?

Running W10 1809 17763.615

I am about to upgrade to 1903 to see if there is any difference, and if not I'll do a new install.

:)

Mearmortal, Jul 16, 2019

2. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ripper3 Win User
    FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue

1. Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue - Similar Threads - Issues W10 booting

2. Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot up issue: So i have a MSI bravo 15 and there is a boot up issue whenever i on my laptop the boot up screen or the loading screen of the logo msi appears then it dissapears then it shows a black screen for like 5 min and it boots up again where it shows the loading screen and its...
  3. Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot up issue: So i have a MSI bravo 15 and there is a boot up issue whenever i on my laptop the boot up screen or the loading screen of the logo msi appears then it dissapears then it shows a black screen for like 5 min and it boots up again where it shows the loading screen and its...
  4. Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted can't seem to locate the issue or a fix for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted can't seem to locate the issue or a fix for...: Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted and I cant seem to find a fix for it. I need some help does anyone have a solution for this issue.Thanks...
  5. Boot up issue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up issue...: Before when I open or restart my HP laptop it usually show the icon HP and then after a few sec the mouse cursor is already in the middle of the screen and right away my login screen will appear or lock screen because I have to put my password first. That`s the normal...
  6. Boot up issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot up issues: Hi so recently have received a new windows 10 gaming computer for Christmas but has a few boot up issues, When i turn on my computer it stays on the boot up screen and does nothing, the only way to fix it is to manually restart it by the case and it works after that. I did in...
  7. Issues on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues on boot up: Hi, I have a old Lenovo SL500 that I use as a cheap media box. I've got Windows 10 installed on it and it has been running great up until this morning. When I came down it was not responding to RDP requests and it was not listed on Teamviewer. Looking at the machine all...
  8. Boot up issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up issues: Since updating to windows 10 I have to boot up twice. When i first boot up the computer switches itself off after about 10 secs. I switch it back on again and it usually boots into windows fine. This happens every time I boot up and is annoying more than anything. Any ideas...
  9. Booting issues with w10 machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting issues with w10 machine: Hi Last year a bought a new machine. I also ordered a w10 copy but when I got the machine it was already installed. The very first night I booted it it refused to shut down with some error (can't remember which one) and I had to use system restore. This happened 3 times in...
  10. W10 Location Services and Windows Store issues

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Location Services and Windows Store issues: Having the oddest issue. When I navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location and try hitting 'Change' to turn on my location for this device, it does not work. I see the mouse turn to an hourglass symbol briefly and then disappears. No pop-up, nothing. As a result I can't...