Windows 10: Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable

Discus and support Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Some of the issues I encountered are Not being able to browse. The browser, any browser, would not respond. I uninstalled all 3rd party browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sustainablecaptalist, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable

Some of the issues I encountered are

1. Not being able to browse. The browser, any browser, would not respond. I uninstalled all 3rd party browsers (Chrome, Brave, Opera and Firefox) in the hope that Edge or IE would be better. But it only made it worse. I just couldn't browse and couldn't download other browsers.

2. Not being able to install anything. Absolutely no installer worked. Even the downloaded browsers (through USB, since I couldn't download using the browser) cannot be installed.

3. AMD display driver issue (again!! This is resurfacing after 2017) . I had this issue in 2017 where my screen would freeze because I had AMD display adapter. This went away in subsequent builds. Now it has come back in this latest build.

4. CPU utilisation going 100% for a long time randomly. Utilisation randomly went 100% and stayed there and I cannot do anything.

5. Not being able to start applications. I cannot start any app other than office apps. Lightroom, Photoshop CS6 etc couldn't be started

These are some of the obvious issues I faced. I have now reverted back to 1909 build. Everything is looking fine now.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5548 i7 6th Gen, Samsung evo 850 1tb, 16gb Ram

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: few typos

submitted by /u/sustainablecaptalist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sustainablecaptalist, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Club

Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable

1. Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable - Similar Threads - Issues 2004 build

2. Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.: Two afternoons ago, my new Omen 16 laptop was unable to boot into Windows 11 abruptly. I called HP tech support, who informed me that it was a software issue, not a hardware issue, and that I would need to reinstall Windows 11 and that they couldn’t help me any further. So, I...
  3. Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.: Two afternoons ago, my new Omen 16 laptop was unable to boot into Windows 11 abruptly. I called HP tech support, who informed me that it was a software issue, not a hardware issue, and that I would need to reinstall Windows 11 and that they couldn’t help me any further. So, I...
  4. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi all. So Build 2004 was just Force pushed onto my PC. I didn't click on it to get it, it was automatic. I tried this update back when if first came out and I had MANY of the same issues then as I have now. 1. Broken Sound 2. Cortana being brokenworked fine before, 2004...
  5. Latest update has made laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has made laptop unusable: Just done the latest update on my laptop and it’s made it so slow. The internet crashes after 2 minutes of being on it, the icons won’t load on the desktop, the settings won’t even load so I can’t do anything about it. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by...
  6. Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues: Hi! Does anybody know if there is already a hotfix to resolve bluetooth issue that a lot of people are having? I have 2 computers running Windows 10 2004 that have similar issues, 2 headphones with audio problems cutting, lagging and 1 bluetooth mouse that loses...
  7. Windows 10 Build 2004 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 issues: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  8. Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll: Hello, We have an issue possibly specific to a GPO in our environment that causes issues with the dnsapi.dll library in build 2004. The behavior that happens after a domain join computer is freshly imaged with 2004 or is updated from a previous version is that if there is...
  9. Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.: Last night I installed the 2004 update for Windows 10, then shut down and went to bed. This morning I fired up my PC and started Firefox, only to find that it had slowed down to the point that it was unuseable. Most of my bookmarked sites (YouTube, Outlook, Reddit etc.,)...
  10. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi Everyone, I've updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004 yesterday & encountered some issues till now: Windows crashes & Blue Screen shows up once cam is turned on Skype or other App. Power Saver doesn't turn on when selecting from Side Bar, I've to press Battery Icon & select...