Windows 10: Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself)

Discus and support Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so bit of a problem here with Windows 10 since I updated to version 2004 and it's a weird one. Whenever I've been on my pc for a few hours or more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/porkers99, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself)

Ok so bit of a problem here with Windows 10 since I updated to version 2004 and it's a weird one.

Whenever I've been on my pc for a few hours or more and I go to shutdown, restart or launch some apps it either doesn't open the apps at all or just hangs the pc on the shutdown/restart screen.

It's only been happening recently and I've ran every hardware scan, file check scan, antivirus and god knows what imaginable including a fresh install.

Just wondering if it's an issue with the current version of Windows as I can't go back to 1909 as I don't have it saved anymore?

Pc specs are listed below if it helps.

CPU... I3 8100

GPU... GTX 1050 ti 4gb

Mobo... Asus Prime Z370-a

RAM... Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4

PSU... Corsair RM 650X

submitted by /u/porkers99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/porkers99, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself) :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself)

Apps do not open in Windows 10

Hello Scott,

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or the Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Try to run a Windows app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: I would also suggest you to try signing in to Microsoft user account and check.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/sign-in-how

Note: Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself)

1. Issues with Windows 10 recently (not opening apps/hanging on restart unless I do it myself) - Similar Threads - Issues recently opening

2. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  3. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  4. Aux connection issues unless laptop is restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aux connection issues unless laptop is restarted: I have noticed that my laptop with Windows 11 will only recognize aux connections when I first plug in my headphones, then restart the device. It will not work any other way. This has been an issue since I updated to Windows 11 and had not been an issue previously. It isn't...
  5. Programs will not open unless force restarting PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs will not open unless force restarting PC: Every morning when I start my PC, no programs will open unless I force restart (it won't restart on it's own, even after clicking it). It only has the spinning circle like it's loading, but doesn't even show in task manager. Browsers will open, but any program will not. But...
  6. Recent list not reflecting recently opened files unless opened via browser office apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent list not reflecting recently opened files unless opened via browser office apps: I have Windows 10 Home and am on subscribed Microsoft MSO. It has been probably a year now that the recent file list is not working properly. It does not reflect what's been opened recently and appears to only reflect it if a file is opened by going to office.com to open a...
  7. Restart Hanging Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart Hanging Issue: When I run Restart or Restart is run after a Windows Update, the PC hangs with the wait icon spinning for a long time. The only way to get out of it is to hold the start button till it shuts down....
  8. Windows hangs and restarts when I open full screen apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hangs and restarts when I open full screen apps: Hello everybody! I've been using windows 10 since 2016 on the same machine i have today. Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev3.0) Processor AMD FX8350 16 gb Kingston RAM Now on November 2019 i upgraded my GPU AMD HD7870 (born before Windows 10) to a brand new AMD...
  9. Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart: This issue seems to have been happening to me ever since the new Windows 10 update from a couple months back. I'm currently on Version 1903 with OS Build 18362.418. I cannot find a direct correlation to when it starts happening, but eventually, a number of programs will...
  10. windows 10 hangs and restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 hangs and restarts: hi guys ive had win 10 pro 64 installed for 5 weeks now,and every so often it will hang up and reboot on its on own or it will go to the dreaded blue screen of death,ive installed all the latest updates and drivers are upto date.i thought it was graphics related because 4...