Windows 10: Issues with windows explorer and file management

Discus and support Issues with windows explorer and file management in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all. I keep having issues with my pc, the issues are the same every time and reinstalling does not fix it. The issues seem to be gone but start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MisterJeffa, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Issues with windows explorer and file management

Hi all.

I keep having issues with my pc, the issues are the same every time and reinstalling does not fix it. The issues seem to be gone but start coming up again after a few months. However my laptop has not had these issues.

1- while opening random folders or this pc the window stays blank and the green loading bar appears but never completes. The sidebar is always there and i can navigate away.

2 - custom wallpaers always turn black and randomly appear again. A default windows wallpaper never does this.

3 - the trash can icon appears and disappears every time it or the desktop is refreshed. The text below it stays.

4 - groove music occasionally refuses to load properly or play anything. The sidebar is there and can be clicked. The bottom bar never appears and the rest of the window stays blank.

5 - The right click -》open with menu sometimes doesnt load. Trying to click somewhere outside the right click menu freezes windows explorer.

6 - recently i was unable to write in some folders. Sometimes because the files just didnt move or delete but other times because the admin window never appears.

Some issues are fixed by rebooting windows explorer but especially with issue 1 this does not always help.

These problems happen on all drives in my pc and even on network drives. Reinstalling windows only helps for a bit. I also notice the pc really struggles with handling big files (50+gb movie files for example).

I am going to troubleshoot tomorrow but i dint really know where to look. What could cause these issues? All but issue 6 have been happening for a while now and reappeared after every reinstall.

A reinstall is backup up the files to an external hdd and fully wiping all other drives. I have not even connected the external drive yet.

submitted by /u/MisterJeffa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MisterJeffa, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Issues with windows explorer and file management :p

Frick, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Issues with windows explorer and file management

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Issues with windows explorer and file management

1. Issues with windows explorer and file management - Similar Threads - Issues explorer file

2. File Explorer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer issue: I have an issue where two but not all of my local drives appear in File Explorer as separate entries in their own right, in addition to appearing as part of "This PC".This becomes more confusing when "This PC" is expanded as these drives appear duplicated and seemingly out of...
  3. File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Issues: I recently updated to Windows 11, and so far I have not had many issues. Except for one persistent issue. Whenever I open File Explorer, all of my files are there. But, when I open the file explorer to add a file to a program, my files just aren't there. I have tried most if...
  4. File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Issues: I recently updated to Windows 11, and so far I have not had many issues. Except for one persistent issue. Whenever I open File Explorer, all of my files are there. But, when I open the file explorer to add a file to a program, my files just aren't there. I have tried most if...
  5. The file explorer issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The file explorer issue: The file explorer wont let me save any picture in other format then webp this started 2 days ago i cant anymore save to png or jpg etch where do i change this so i can save in the format the picture is like png etch .Tried 8 different browsers it has to be a setting on the...
  6. Windows file explorer issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows file explorer issue?: So I have a newly installed PC and I’ve been having the following issue. Basically I cannot change my desktop background, nor can I click the icons like the clock in the bottom right corner. When I go to change the background, I select an image, then it sort of stutters and...
  7. File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Issues: Over the last 2 weeks, whenever I attempt to open a .mov or .mp4 file, File Explorer immediately shuts down and I cannot access any of these files. My computer is up to date and all updates are current. Is some some glitch going on with File Explorer?...
  8. Color Management in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Management in File Explorer: Hi! For quite a few years I have been struggeling with Windows Color Management. Colors do not look ok in Windows File Explorer, much more yellow than in Adobe Creative Suite, Chrome, Mac finder, etc. As a professional photographer working in concert halls and theatres this...
  9. File Explorer issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer issue: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer (sometimes, but not always) will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...
  10. Windows/File Explorer Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows/File Explorer Issue: Hello, This is my first post, I am currently having issues browsing my files due to Windows File Explorer Every time I try to look at any files via either File explorer or try to upload files to web, Windows/File Explorer Immediately crashes and restarts. I can't...