Windows 10: Issues with Windows Family

Discus and support Issues with Windows Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So my son autistic has changed the clock and moved it forward 12 hrs so when it is 9am it is reading 9pm. His school computer we homeschool has limits... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DonnaB2021, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Issues with Windows Family

So my son autistic has changed the clock and moved it forward 12 hrs so when it is 9am it is reading 9pm. His school computer we homeschool has limits so I thought if I just changed the limits to unlimited that he could get access to his laptop to be able to change this information back. That would be a no. Ok first road block ok so I take him off our family safety and still can't access his laptop. We have restarted the computer after every change and this is now triggering me I am autistic as well. I've just spent the last 30 minutes in tears because there is nothing I can do from my e

:)

DonnaB2021, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issues with Windows Family

Issue with filtering websites in Family Safety

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with filtering websites in Family Safety.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Family Safety settings.

2. Web filtering is not setup correctly.

Try the steps listed here:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

Filter apps and games with Microsoft Edge

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Issues with Windows Family

1. Issues with Windows Family - Similar Threads - Issues Family

2. Family Safety Issue With Websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Issue With Websites: So, not only is the 'ask now' feature not working for a site, the parent of the family can't manually allow it. It's formatted 'example.com' instead of 'www.example.com' or anything like that, and Microsoft is claiming it's not a valid site. The child can get onto it on...
  3. Google Chrome issue while using Family Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome issue while using Family Share: My son installed Google Chrome as a browser and now everytime he opens the application, he is asked to get permission from me. Is there a way this can be avoided without him having to ask me for permission every time he tries opening google chrome. I still want to continue to...
  4. Google Chrome issue while using Family Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome issue while using Family Share: My son installed Google Chrome as a browser and now everytime he opens the application, he is asked to get permission from me. Is there a way this can be avoided without him having to ask me for permission every time he tries opening google chrome. I still want to continue to...
  5. Google Chrome access issue while using family Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome access issue while using family Share: My son installed Google Chrome as a browser and now everytime he opens the application, he is asked to get permission from me. Is there a way this can be avoided without him having to ask me for permission every time he tries opening google chrome. I still want to continue to...
  6. Google Chrome access issue while using family Share

Google Chrome access issue while using family Share: My son installed Google Chrome as a browser and now everytime he opens the application, he is asked to get permission from me. Is there a way this can be avoided without him having to ask me for permission every time he tries opening google chrome. I still want to continue to...
  7. Reltek PCIE Family Controller has a hardware IO error - Is this a hardware issue or software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reltek PCIE Family Controller has a hardware IO error - Is this a hardware issue or software?: I am currently using Windows 11 on my Asus TUF A17 which has a Ryzen7 4800h processor and Nvidia RTX 3050 with 8 GB RAM. I am currently seeing an error message "Realtek pcie gbe family controller has a hardware io error" in my event viewer and when this happens the wifi...
  8. Reltek PCIE Family Controller has a hardware IO error - Is this a hardware issue or software?

Reltek PCIE Family Controller has a hardware IO error - Is this a hardware issue or software?: I am currently using Windows 11 on my Asus TUF A17 which has a Ryzen7 4800h processor and Nvidia RTX 3050 with 8 GB RAM. I am currently seeing an error message "Realtek pcie gbe family controller has a hardware io error" in my event viewer and when this happens the wifi...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...