Windows 10: Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850...

Discus and support Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am using the monitors I mentioned in the title and just recently upgraded to them. With this setup, however, I am now unable to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mazaloud, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850...

Hello, I am using the monitors I mentioned in the title and just recently upgraded to them. With this setup, however, I am now unable to use the windows "turn off displays after x minutes" feature without a strange issue.

Around a minute or two after the screens turn off (they turn off properly at whatever time I set in the windows settings) they turn back on, but with the second monitor having disconnected and reconnected and all of my windows have moved to my main monitor (34GP83A). After the amount of time I specify elapses AGAIN without me touching the PC, the screens will once again turn off and stay off.

From the perspective of me just leaving my computer for half an hour and coming back, it just looks as though every time I leave my PC, all my windows move to the main monitor for no reason. It's incredibly annoying as I generally keep the windows on my second monitor in a specific configuration that I would have to redo every time this happened, so I have settled for just keeping my monitors on all the time currently, although I would like to have the option to use the turn off display feature.

tl;dr: Second monitor seems to reconnect when displays turn off after inactivity in Windows, causes all my windows to move to my main monitor whenever I use this feature. Is there a fix?

submitted by /u/mazaloud
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mazaloud, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

LG Unveils New 38GL950G and 27GL850 1ms IPS UltraGear Gaming Monitors

Source: LG UNVEILS WORLD’S FIRST ONE MILLISECOND IPS GAMING MONITOR | LG Newsroom

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    LG Unveils New 38GL950G and 27GL850 1ms IPS UltraGear Gaming Monitors

Source: LG UNVEILS WORLD’S FIRST ONE MILLISECOND IPS GAMING MONITOR | LG Newsroom

Brink, Jan 1, 2021
  4. jorog(2) Win User

Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850...

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850...

1. Issues with windows "turn off display after x minutes" feature (LG 34GP83A-B & 27GL850... - Similar Threads - Issues turn off

2. Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.: After the 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 was applied, the turn off my screen after x minutes setting is having some issues. Basically, the screen will turn off after the configured X minutes as expected. However, the...
  3. Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update and turn off screen after X minutes.: After the 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219 was applied, the turn off my screen after x minutes setting is having some issues. Basically, the screen will turn off after the configured X minutes as expected. However, the...
  4. Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature: Whenever I set <Turn off display>, this setting overrides the <Sleep> setting - why?Ex: Turning off the display is set to 15 minutes and Sleep is set to 1 hour, yet the system goes to sleep in 15 minutes as set by the Turn off the display setting - simply ignoring the Sleep...
  5. Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature

Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature: Whenever I set <Turn off display>, this setting overrides the <Sleep> setting - why?Ex: Turning off the display is set to 15 minutes and Sleep is set to 1 hour, yet the system goes to sleep in 15 minutes as set by the Turn off the display setting - simply ignoring the Sleep...
  6. Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  8. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES: My laptop display will turnoff after few min. Computer is up to date. The computer is running but after a few mintues display goes away. I do have 2 external monitors but i need my 3rd, Main Laptop Display As Well! I've been working & researching this for over a month! My...
  9. LAPTOP DISPLAY TURNS OFF AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

10. A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes: Hello Community, On my Surface Go with Windows 10 Home, a program Siemens - WinCC Runtime is preventing that the display is turned of after a few minutes. How can I prevent that a program can overrule the Windows setting to turn off the display? --> even if the program is...