Windows 10: Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized

Discus and support Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having big issues with my windows, everything started when I tryed to update windows and some errors showed (0x800f0223), at first I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StrongForce7, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized

Hello,

I'm having big issues with my windows, everything started when I tryed to update windows and some errors showed (0x800f0223), at first I wasn't worried too much I thought it might be temporary.. but it's not, it still doesn't work.

I run windows 10 home 64bit

I also attempted to update my GPU drivers since I had some issues with RTX in the game cyberpunk 2077 (games worked fine besides that), then I got an error it's impossible to install "failed to install".

I checked the device manager and here there are many peripherals showing errors, here is a list :

Audio device on high definition bus (this error appears twice..)

Ethernet controller (yet internet works fine)

Video controller (VGA compatible) video card still work fine, when attempting to run windows update it tries to download an Nvidia driver, then after 100% nothing happens.

Controller

Corsair link TM USB Dongle (some stuff to monitor power supply that I never really installed as I didn't care it always showed this error)

PCI peripheral

When I select show hidden peripherals there are 4 that appears :

datatraveler 2.0
    unknown peripherals (twice)
    Transmemory

Those are my USB sticks I believe and they work fine

I have attempted multiple things including DISM commands and SFC/scannow, no errors found.

When I right click a peripheral and try to install, it says "windows found a driver but encountered an error while attempting to install it", I also tryed to install drivers manually from device manager, no luck.

I have attempted to run my motherboard utility to update drivers, no luck.

I also ran multiple virus scan, I did have some virus which was found by kaspersky virus removal tool, unfortunatly I didn't thought about saving the name of the virus.. so it might be an infection.

I ran malwarebytes (including rootkit scan) and also adwcleaner and also other virus scanners, it seems clean now, I also own a kaspersky total license which doesn't detect anything and I ran multiple scan

I also tryed to clean the driver traces with display driver uninstaller, no luck..

I think it's either a virus or maybe windows got corrupted somehow.

I also have other issues for instance I can't install the OpenVPN Tap driver (recently got a new VPN and it didn't work with open vpn..)

Also tryed to run some windows repair with a software called windows repair tool (from tweaking.com website)

some other things I tryed as I seen suggested in other forums such as disabling the driver signature whiteflagging thingy from safe mode and alsothey said to disable an option about memory integrity in the windows settings/security.. but it was already disabled.

I tryed to give as much information as possible hope that helps.

As a last resort will look into resetting windows without losing apps but I'm affraid to lose things still so I rather not do it, I'll have to backup all the important files and make a windows image in case something goes wrong, but yea it would be nice if I could still manually repair it, though I have a feeling I'm running out of options, maybe some people with their advanced knowledge here can help, it would be much appreciated !

I include a screenshot of the drivers it tries to download, some odd intel system update

:)

StrongForce7, Dec 27, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Techtu Win User

Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized :)

Techtu, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized

1. Issues with Windows updates and peripherals not recognized - Similar Threads - Issues updates peripherals

2. Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance with a pressing issue I am experiencing with my Windows-based computer. Here is a detailed description of the problem:Recently, while using the "Analyze and Optimize" tool...
  3. Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance with a pressing issue I am experiencing with my Windows-based computer. Here is a detailed description of the problem:Recently, while using the "Analyze and Optimize" tool...
  4. Assistance Needed: Computer Boot and Peripheral Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long Standing Peripheral Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Long Standing Peripheral Issue: Hello, I am making this post in an effort to resolve a long standing issue that I have had between 4 different custom built PCs.The issue pertains to the feeling of the mouse itself, the ultimate goal of this post is to directly solve that issue, but this post in particular...
  6. Did the latest update break something with peripherals?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did the latest update break something with peripherals?: Just updated to windows 20H2, after postponing it for several weeks, first thing i noticed was that some older games would lock their fps when i connected either my keyboard or mouse.Cpu: ryzen 3 2200u 2 cores 4 threads @2.5ghzRam: DDR4 2x4Gb 2400mhzKeyboard: Logitech k120...
  7. Problems with peripherals when update windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with peripherals when update windows 10.: Hi sorry for my bad English xd. I have a problem, my peripherals (all the things that I have conected by usb) started to work bad so I be forced to format the Windows. The problem was solved but when y reset the pc because of the updates installation the problem has come...
  8. Peripherals not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Peripherals not showing: Everytime I come back to my setup at home after taking my laptop to a friends house and plug my peripherals in they dont register. So I have to restart the computer like 3 times to get them to work again. What could be the cause of this? submitted by /u/MC_AJR [link]...
  9. Windows 10 - startup issue - Computer starts but peripherals are not working - everything...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - startup issue - Computer starts but peripherals are not working - everything...: Hello everyone, I will try to keep this as short as possible while still providing you with all of the necessary information. A bit of history: I recently bought a new computer (you can check the specs below) and installed a Windows 10 OS on it. Computer came with Ubuntu...
  10. Windows 10 and peripherals

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and peripherals: If I buy a new computer with windows 10 will my printers still work or will I need new printers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-peripherals/92301ba1-1a9e-4c87-a68e-a017bfb7bce2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows error 0x800f0223