Windows 10: Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours

Discus and support Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently attempted to start WSL but it seems to have gotten confused and it says its installing still. I started this at 0940 AM CST and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JulianRobbins, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours

Hi there, I recently attempted to start WSL but it seems to have gotten confused and it says its installing still. I started this at 0940 AM CST and today at 0940 AM its still at installing.

I have multiple other issues as well with windows at this moment.

Certain apps wont open and windows nor I knows why, I am having occasional performance issues.

Thermal tables for windows are pretty screwy so my PC runs hot.

Dell Inspiron 3000 Series

Model: Inspiron 3000 17 3785 AMD model

16 GB of RAM, only 13.6 usable windows is claiming hardware reserved 2.00 gb

1TB HDD
    AMD Ryzen 5 with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

:)

JulianRobbins, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 31, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours

Shawn Brink, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours

1. Issues With Windows WSL stuck at installing for 24 hours - Similar Threads - Issues WSL stuck

2. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  3. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  4. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  6. Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago: The Windows update arrived today, and this is where my system is currently. Endless update in progress, and I'm a bit frustrated why I should run into this issue through your updates. I don't have the ability to figure this out on my own. Please help, everything was fine...
  7. Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset stuck at 99% for 24 hours: Hello, yesterday I decided to do a factory reset on my HP OMEN 15 (I'm planning to sell it). Everything was going well (I'm aware that this can last several hours), but then it got stuck at 99%, so I waited until the next day. Now it's around 6pm and it's still stuck on that...
  8. Laptop windows 10 stuck in resetting for almost 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop windows 10 stuck in resetting for almost 24 hours: Hello, I have a dell laptop and yesterday I thought it was a good idea to reset it because it was running slow. Everything was going as normal, I started the process and finished the "% bar" but it got stock there, in the brand logo, I left the device on overnight and part of...
  9. Windows update stuck at 30% for the past 24 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck at 30% for the past 24 hours: is it alright for me to reboot? i feel like there must've been some sort of issue like the wifi died and won't reconnect or smth, please help, i need to work lol submitted by /u/hdew12354 [link] [comments]...
  10. A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A litany of issues - no activation after 24 hours?: I upgraded yesterday using Windows Update. I had Windows 8.1. Here are the problems I'm having: -Chrome isn't functioning well. Some pages refuse to load. Sometimes it just hangs on an open tab. -Cortana isn't working at all. Clicking the Notebook does not bring...