Windows 10: Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

Discus and support Issues with wireless WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve done about everything I can to fix a Netgear WiFi adapter that hasn’t worked for over a year. My PC has gone through 3 wireless adapters. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dkui2200, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

I’ve done about everything I can to fix a Netgear WiFi adapter that hasn’t worked for over a year. My PC has gone through 3 wireless adapters. They will just stop working entirely on a given day. The light on the adapters won’t even work. Sometimes (rarely) I can get them to work for a few minutes after boot up. I’ve done everything you can think of software wise. After a lot (a lot) of reading on Windows forums I saw someone say that it’s a hardware issue. Something to do with older computers not being able to support Bluetooth frequencies/being too weak for them. Is this possible? Would adding a WiFi card or replacing the motherboard be a good option?

submitted by /u/Dkui2200
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dkui2200, Oct 7, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Issues with wireless WiFi adapter [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Penny Wells,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the model of the TV?

This issue can occur if there is pending firmware update or the issue with the drivers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and let us know about the results:

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Method 2: Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

If method 1 doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting Wireless
    Display Adapters
    refer the steps ‘Having trouble connecting your device to the adapter?’

Note: The above article contains steps regarding Firmware update.
    Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

1. Issues with wireless WiFi adapter - Similar Threads - Issues wireless WiFi

2. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  3. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  4. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!

Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!: So my PC is made for gaming and I got it built for me and don't have the most experience with Windows10 or PC's in general...But, for about a month or so my computer has been notifying me of a recent update. Everytime I attempted to update my PC it failed to update. So one...
  6. Wireless Wifi adapter settings

Wireless Wifi adapter settings: Hi, i have a wireless wifi adapter which i recently brought since i dont receive stable wifi. The wifi adapter works great i can get 70 mbps from tmy 5g internet since i am quite far from the router i get more wifi with 5G so i use it. I just want to know is there anyway i...
  7. wireless adapter wifi connection having driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless adapter wifi connection having driver issues: So I have a lenovo laptop that will have "driver issues" with the wireless adapter, making me unable to have internet. It's very annoying having to restart my laptop every single time this happens. It only seems to happen when I try to play minecraft java edition. I have no...
  8. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  9. Wireless adapter / Wifi issue after Nov update

Wireless adapter / Wifi issue after Nov update: I consider myself relatively decent at troubleshooting basic issues but this one has left me in a tight spot. Ever since the most recent update, my wifi keeps switching off - there are no visible networks to connect to. I have tried updating/reinstalling driver umpteen times...
  10. Wireless Adapter Issue

Wireless Adapter Issue: Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Adapter does not work properly upon restart. I have to go into device manager and disable - then enable every time. Is there a fix? 18258