Windows 10: Issues with Word Home and Business 2016

Discus and support Issues with Word Home and Business 2016 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Some advise please. I recently bought a new laptop and the Office Home and Business 2016. I had someone installed it. Later I used it to work, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Soaki, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Soaki Win User

Issues with Word Home and Business 2016

Some advise please. I recently bought a new laptop and the Office Home and Business 2016. I had someone installed it. Later I used it to work, but when I tried to download files from email attachments or internet, the Microsoft word would not open. The prompt windows 'word experiencing an error trying to open the file .. and went on to provide suggestion, which does not apply.

I took my laptop to another IT person, who says that my product key is activated but he can't see where the Office is installed under the programs install or uninstall. I have lost the product key and related email password that this person who installed had used.

Should I just reboot and then purchase a new Office 2016 to start all over again?

:)

Soaki, Jun 26, 2019

2. OneDrive for Business Icon Overlays in Windows Server 2016 Not Working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue may not be related with the Windows Server 2016.

Here is an article for your reference: Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive
    for Business.

Please check the workarounds in the article and I would suggest you first download the wizard and follow the steps to see the result.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Gloria Gong MSFT, Jun 26, 2019
  3. SRV
    srv Win User
    Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

I have the same version.
    If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange *Smile

Issues with Word Home and Business 2016 [​IMG]

but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...

Issues with Word Home and Business 2016 [​IMG]

and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

4. Rohn007 Win User

Searching for "Word 2016" gives unrecognised apps

OK, so exactly what is it finding under those other "Search suggestions". Exactly What happens if you click 'Word 20" and "Word 2013"?

There is something different about the way your system is setup. Your "Word 2016" icon is very different than mine. And when I search for Word 2016, that is all I get returned, none of these other "Search Suggestions"

Rohn007, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Issues with Word Home and Business 2016 - Similar Threads - Issues Word Home

2. Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.: I accidentally deleted my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software. How can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-my-microsoft-home-and-business-2016/e545ec4b-7c46-48f6-8dc8-6bb1d55048da
  3. Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software.: I accidentally deleted my Microsoft Home and Business 2016 software. How can I reinstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-my-microsoft-home-and-business-2016/e545ec4b-7c46-48f6-8dc8-6bb1d55048da
  4. Office Home and Business 2016 Activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office Home and Business 2016 Activated: My father had a laptop at his office which had an activated office home and business 2016. He got a new laptop and decided to fully factory restore the old one and give it to my younger sibling(s) for schoolwork. Despite this, when going into word 2016 on the laptop it says...
  5. Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016: Ihave an android laptop computer, running fully paid & licensed copies of Windows10 and Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016. Microsoft Outlook 2016 16.0.13628.2012832-bit. Product ID: 00333-59072-93157-AA413. My MS Outlook is the issue. When running the Outlook app, a...
  6. microsoft office home & business 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft office home & business 2016: I am the license holder of this product but the product key was not recognised since I have just updated the Window 10 in automation by the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-home-business-2016/b9af84da-4389-43e5-80c3-4f5ddb9d0149
  7. Microsoft just deleted my Home and Business 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft just deleted my Home and Business 2016: Windows 10 system. Computer came with Microsoft Home and Business 2016. After the recent Microsoft Windows update I open my Documents folder and click on a word document I want to review. Word 2016 doesn't open. An error message appears. Error Code 0x426-0x0. I then tried to...
  8. Word for Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word for Home & Student 2016: I Purchase this last month and it worked perfectly well, however I can no longer open my files an I get an Error message This operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Any suggestions?...
  9. Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013: I plan on buying 2 Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 programs: one for my win10 laptop & one for my Win10 desktop. --- Is it necessary to have a Microsoft account in order to install & use Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016? If I sell or replace either or both...
  10. Buying MS Office Home & Business 2016...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Buying MS Office Home & Business 2016...: Hi I'm in the process of configuring a new Win 10 laptop from Dell and buying the MS Office package from them seems a bit steep here in UK. I have found a few places online that sell the MS Office Home & Business package but have reservations due to possible...