Windows 10: Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but...

Discus and support Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I am pulling my hair out trying to get my new Xbox One controller working on my PC by bluetooth. I've managed to get my PC to find it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dannyjw123, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but...

Hi all, I am pulling my hair out trying to get my new Xbox One controller working on my PC by bluetooth.

I've managed to get my PC to find it and pair successfully. It appears in my device manager under bluetooth devices.

However even once paired the controller struggles to connect when turning it on and usually continues to flash. The odd time restarting it the controller will connect and the light stops flashing. However the actual controller stays unresponsive. In the Xbox Accessories App it will see the controller but it is still unresponsive when checking using test mode. No button presses are detected.

When connecting the controller by USB to my PC it detects it fine and buttons are responsive in the Xbox Accessories app. So the controller buttons do appear not to be the problem.

Ive tried:

un pairing it and re pairing it several times.

Uninstalling the device drivers

Restarting the bluetooth service in device manager

The firmware is fully up to date.

Where do I go next to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

dannyjw123, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Acelyn Alc, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but...

Cant connect my XBOX ONE controller to my W10 pc via bluetooth

Hi,

If you encounter issues connecting an Xbox One Wireless Controller on your Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth, it may be because of an incorrect device configuration. Another factor that we have to take into consideration is an outdated Bluetooth driver. We suggest
    running the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth >
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect.
    • Disconnect then reconnect the controller and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend verifying if the Bluetooth device shows on the Device Manager. To do so, kindly perform the following steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Show hidden devices.
    • In Device Manager, select View > Devices by connection.
    • Find your Bluetooth hardware.

Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but... 4015881_en_2.png

For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to
    How to connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    . The details on that page will guide you how to connect the controller via Bluetooth as well as troubleshooting methods you may perform if you encounter issues with the Bluetooth
    connection.

We're looking forward to get this issue resolved.

Do get back to us with the progress. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but...

1. Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but... - Similar Threads - Issues XBOX controller

2. Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.: The controller successfully connects and shows up in my devices as an Xbox controller but it does not function in games or bring up the game bar using the controller shortcut. With regards to the game bar, I have made sure the shortcut options are enabled in the game bar...
  3. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  4. xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth

xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth: I have just got an xbox one controller, it says compatible with xbox one / s / x and windows 10 pc i have windows 10 pro 1909 x64 pc with belkin bluetooth adapter, now my pc connects to my nokia 5.3 android 10 phone, it also connects to my old nokia lumia 635 win 8.1...
  5. Xbox One Controller connecting to PC issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller connecting to PC issue: Currently am trying to connect my xbox one controller to my PC with windows 10 and it isn't detecting at all. The controller is not under devices and it isn't in device manager. Seems as if there are no xbox one controller drivers on my computer. I also do not have the...
  6. Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with XBOX One controller connecting to PC by Bluetooth. Paring successful but...: Hi all, I am pulling my hair out trying to get my new Xbox One controller connected to my PC by bluetooth. I've managed to get my PC to find it and pair successfully. It appears in my device manager under bluetooth devices. However once paired the controller struggles...
  7. Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth

Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth: This is driving me crazy because it happened all of a sudden and I cannot fix it. Currently my bluetooth stack will connect any xinput controller or dinput controller and the drivers ALL show up. In Devices And Printers all of the controllers will show up. But in "Game...
  8. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Currently up to date on windows, controller has no problem connecting via Bluetooth on Android phone and pc via usb cable. Asks to check the pin and try again, controller is updated via Xbox accessories. Bluetooth drivers are also updated. Help submitted by /u/jer_luis...
  9. Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC

Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC: I have a second-hand xbox one s controller that connects fine via bluetooth to my phone, but it doesn't on pc. It either tries to connect and once I accept on pc it still flashes like it's connecting or it just doesn't appear in the bluetooth screen. It works fine with any...
  10. PC Bluetooth connection to Xbox One Controller Issues

PC Bluetooth connection to Xbox One Controller Issues: Hello, I have a bluetooth enabled windows 10 pc that seems to be connecting to other devices through bluetooth fine. I have been using my xbox one controller with my pc for a while now. However, a few days ago it stopped pairing with my pc. I try to pair them in the bluetooth...