Windows 10: Issues with zoom features/scrolling

Discus and support Issues with zoom features/scrolling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Earlier today, while I was playing my Nintendo Switch, I glanced over at my laptop screen and noticed that the icons on the desktop had suddenly become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mrozens0325, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Issues with zoom features/scrolling

Earlier today, while I was playing my Nintendo Switch, I glanced over at my laptop screen and noticed that the icons on the desktop had suddenly become much larger than usual. I right-clicked the desktop to return the icons to their normal size, but also immediately after doing so the icons had become enormous again. It’s hard to describe, but they were sort of fluctuating in size? While the icons were still much larger than usual, they changed sizes as rapid rates for an unknown reason. When I tried to play a game of Among Us with my brother, my computer began scrolling through the list of servers at a very fast rate without any input on the mouse from me. I closed the game and saw the same issue was happening again to the icons on the desktop. In order to help figure out what the problem was, I opened the Notepad app and typed in some random letters. Again, after a few seconds it suddenly grew much larger in size and flucuated in size similar to the desktop icons.

If this helps at all, I have my laptop plugged into a TV screen so I can use two different monitors for my schoolwork and other things. Some of the keys on my laptop keyboard don’t work, so I usually use a separate keyboard to type. I also have my own mouse instead of just using the laptop’s touchpad.

:)

mrozens0325, Sep 22, 2020

2. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Hi Mark,

Are you using the touchpad to scroll? Could it be that the Pinch Zoom feature is enabled? To check, follow these steps:

1. Press Start button on the keyboard, type Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
    2. Scroll down until you find the Pinch to zoom option.
    3. Uncheck the box next to Pinch to zoom.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Interesting except I'm using the surface of the tablet itself to Scroll.

I've not coded on Windows in over 10 yrs, here's what I guess is going on:

- Windows interprets my one fingered slow drag as a pinch

- The apps DrawBoard and Edge Interpret a pinch as a zoom

So I'm guessing the bug is a windows problem. I checked both DrawBoard and Edge - there is nothing around zooming for me to disable.

MarkLevison, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Issues with zoom features/scrolling

The zoom feature is very sensitive and has become somewhat annoying.

Hi Scott ,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. Don't worry about this issue we will help you to resolve it.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen only with a particular webpage?

2. What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue

Method 1. If you are using edge then I would suggest you to set zoom level of edge by following the below steps.

1. Open the Edge then Click on More action (dots in the upper right corner of the screen).

2. Click on Zoom option then click on zoom buttons as per your choice .

If it doesn't work I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check.

Method 2:

I suggest you to clear all browsing data and cache files from the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps. I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
    • After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
    • Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
    • Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please follow the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

I hope this helps.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Anup Karkal, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Issues with zoom features/scrolling

1. Issues with zoom features/scrolling - Similar Threads - Issues zoom features

2. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  3. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  4. scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad: I was able to scroll and zoom with 2 fingers with the touchpad but then the touchpad stopped working completely so I uninstalled it but now I can't make any adjustments from touchpad settings, the touchpad works but I can't scroll and zoom with 2 fingers, how do I fix that?...
  5. Weird scrolling/zooming issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird scrolling/zooming issue: When I open the settings app and then go into a category, it scrolls straight down to the bottom like this and when I open a picture, it starts zooming into the center of it. To me, it doesn't make sense because one auction is the equivalent of scrolling down and one would be...
  6. Zooming Feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zooming Feature: Is it possible to zoom in centered around where your cursor is (as you can on Mac with a trackpad) on an application like chrome with a mouse (ctrl+scroll up)? This feature is super useful for looking at images. Thanks! submitted by /u/antaloaalonso [link] [comments]...
  7. Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues

Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues: I'm trying to turn off the touchpad's zoom feature on my Lenovo Ideapad 130-15ast that has Windows 10 and cannot for the life of me figure it out. There is no 'Device Settings' tab, no 'UltraNav' tab or anything suggested or listed elsewhere and it's driving me up a wall....
  8. NO SCROLL OR ZOOM OPTIONS?

NO SCROLL OR ZOOM OPTIONS?: Hi, have just purchased an HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2013na with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am trying to invert the touchpad scroll option, currently when I push two fingers towards the screen upward gesture the webpage / document etc scrolls down. I want to invert this so...
  9. Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Control key zooms and Start menu scrolling issue: I've got an ASUS ROG GL502VV DB71 laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I believe this happened after the latest Windows update! 1 - Anytime I press my Control key my screen zooms in and it never did that before. I can’t press Control-c or Control-v or Control-Alt-Del without...
  10. Ebay zoom feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ebay zoom feature: I'm in Windows 10 and when I go to Ebay and try to zoom in on a photo I get an annoying box with a description of the photo. It is almost impossible to use the Ebay zoom feature. You have to right click and then left click to get the box with the captions to go away. This is...