Windows 10: Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar

Discus and support Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; So, I have this issue problem for a while now and I don't know how to remove a non-exist apps on my search bar while I tried to find something. I was... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RunnerStand, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar

So, I have this issue problem for a while now and I don't know how to remove a non-exist apps on my search bar while I tried to find something.
    I was installing Voicemeeter Banana program and just uninstalled Voicemeeter Original. When I installed Voicemeeter Banana, I tried to search the program on search bar but don't know why 4 unworking Voicemeeter Original Programs still on Search Bar
    Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar 8bda2134-eea7-4896-8583-db1a84edf7d2?upload=true.png

Video: https://streamable.com/6quws1
    The file "Voicemeeter" was empty and is on Download

:)

RunnerStand, Feb 25, 2021

2. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar

Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar

1. Issuing about uninstalled apps still exist in Search Bar - Similar Threads - Issuing uninstalled apps

2. Search bar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar issue: When I tried to search on my computer, it will only give me a second to type then goes away. I don't know what to do since I cannot use the search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-issue/c92a9e98-2316-4c7f-9319-e6cae8059683
  3. Search bar issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar issue: When I tried to search on my computer, it will only give me a second to type then goes away. I don't know what to do since I cannot use the search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-issue/c92a9e98-2316-4c7f-9319-e6cae8059683
  4. Apps/Programs that doesn't exist but they can be in search bar.

in Cortana
    Apps/Programs that doesn't exist but they can be in search bar.: So my problem is that when I uninstall some of the apps, they are gone, but they can be searched in Windows Search Bar. They have no icon, and the only button "Open" doesn't do anything. Can someone help me please?Here are some images: P. S.: The file explorer programs will...
  5. Onedrive folder still existing after uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive folder still existing after uninstall: I've tried loads of things to remove the \OneDrive\ from my path ; regedit key, group policy edits, moving certain files from the onedrive build number to the policy definitions, and have had no luck. I simply want the OneDrive folder gone from my path permanently. I want it...
  6. Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appearing in search.: I uninstalled TranslucentTB but it still appears in search. I've tried many fixes and none of them have helped. This isn't the only app btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-apps-still-appearing-in-search/c1c3d0d5-238c-47db-8205-2bd40f3f165f
  7. search bar issue

in Cortana
    search bar issue: Hi all The search bar on my windows 10 PC is not active. I can type in the search bar, but it doesn't search , nor comes up with suggestions. I have tried so far to run the search and indexing troubleshooter , and run the DISM.exe command in Powershell. Both didn't work....
  8. Uninstalled the app but still contiue to exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled the app but still contiue to exist: I had uninstalled several applications, but now when I select any file and go into open with then those apps which I have removed are being shown there at their file location just as a dummy. Like I have installed an app named caliber to read .epub files but now uninstalled...
  9. Does this app still exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does this app still exist?: I used to have a small memory resident app that would activate your screen saver instantly when you pushed the mouse curser to the corner of the screen, thus hiding it contents from someone approaching. Does anyone know where I can find this?Thanks in advance... Bob 132519
  10. Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall: I Just upgraded to Office 365 Pro(which installed Office 2016 apps) , but these apps are not showing in Windows Search but instead shortcuts from Office 2013 are still showing up as Best Match in Windows Search. eg: Word 2013 shows up when I search for Word but Word 2016...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled apps showing in search windows 10