Windows 10: IST Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force

Discus and support IST Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; December 21, 2020 — The Institute for Security and Technology (IST) — in partnership with a broad coalition of experts in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

IST Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force

Source: Institute for Security and Technology (IST) >> The Institute for Security and Technology (IST) Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force (RTF)

:)

Brink, Dec 22, 2020

2. Multi window tasking in windows phone

Hello Souvik,

Currently, multi-window tasking feature that you're looking for isn't available. However, that would be a great feature to have on our Windows 10 Mobile platform. We suggest that you request this feature on our Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit
    a feedback, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app or press and hold Volume Down+Power button for about 2-3 seconds to launch the app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. IST Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force

[IDEA] Multi-tasking "APP"

Hello, I hope MS would take notice about my idea. This is something I come up recently.

Background:

Multi-tasking is evil, as you can see; a number of virus/spyware can be downloaded from competitor's marketplace. Certainly the app store should be more vigorous about validating those things, but, the fact remains, multi-tasking is the sole feature that
    enables apps like spyware or Trojan or virus sending text messages periodically. From the case of WinPh7, WinPh7 only allows single 3rd party app to run to avoid suck problem. From the recent video of MANGO update, WinPh seems to be still safe as it is still
    single tasking for 3rd party apps. After mango, it is just much easier to get back to the app you closed/dehydrated, but, they are still single-tasking.

Purpose:

Eventually WinPh7 will support multi-tasking. No doubt about it. Because you cannot run apps like Last.FM while doing other stuff, which is very limited. Such limitation will lower the competitiveness as some of the apps requires multi-tasking to have a
    desired experience.

My Idea:

Introducing Multi-tasking "APP". It is an internal system app, similar to Email/Message.

• Just like the Email/Message. apps, this app will also show counter on both LiveTile and LockScreen. The counter described the number of 3rd party apps are running concurrently IN the "multi-tasking app".

• Why do I capitalize IN? Because all 3rd party apps by default, are NOT running in "multi-tasking app". Meaning by default, everything ran in single-tasking.

• Multi-tasking app is disabled by default.

• To enable multi-tasking app, you need to launch it in the app list and accept the prompt to PIN it to the main hub. This is important because it is required to make sure the user will see the counter on their main hub (not only the lockscreen).

• To disable multi-tasking app, just UNPIN the app

• To add your currently running 3rd party app into multi-tasking app, HOLD back button and an additional button will be shown in the MANGO hold-back GUI (IFF multi-tasking app is enabled).

• As you can see, to let the 3rd party app running in multi-tasking app is an explicit action

• multi-tasking app's list is always empty after OS reboot. Meaning no startup apps.

• You have to always manually include your 3rd party into multi-tasking app when you reboot WinPh.

• To manage the running apps in multi-tasking app, launch the multi-tasking app GUI to remove single/all running apps from the list. (They turn back to default setting, thus, they will be dehydrated).

• After removal, they are dehydrated and not running and not using battery. You can still continue your app by rehydrate the app as usual.

• 3rd party developer can NEVER ask user to add itself into the multi-tasking app. (No code change either. This is managed by OS. No extra API to enable multi-tasking because it has nothing to do with developers.)

Hope this is clear.

My idea enables explicit multi-tasking feature for the 3rd party apps. No change in API, so no work for devs. No worries by users because it is explicitly voluntary by the user (no pop-up which most people would press YES). Will always shown the counter
    on main hub and lockscreen to inform the user.

anynomous(2), Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

IST Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force

1. IST Launches Multi-Sector Ransomware Task Force - Similar Threads - IST Launches Multi

2. Options for large monitor multi-tasking?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options for large monitor multi-tasking?: Hey guys, I recently bought two 27" monitors placing them side by side to have 2 active windows on each. Problem as I am now seeing is when I split each monitor's screen in two equal sized windows and need 4 windows of equal size in total, sometimes the window is not wide...
  3. Multi-tasking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-tasking issue: I have a problem when I use programs, they use more Once in the task manager and this causes slow performance of the program .Multi-tasking see the pic plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-issue/b1bb061c-1c79-4d27-be68-2a85d0caf0ce
  4. Multi-tasking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-tasking issue: I have a problem when I use programs, they use more Once in the task manager and this causes slow performance of the program .Multi-tasking see the pic plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-issue/b1bb061c-1c79-4d27-be68-2a85d0caf0ce
  5. BSOD: When gaming and multi-tasking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: When gaming and multi-tasking: TLDR: Experiencing BSOD whenever I am multi-tasking or gaming for a longer period of time. Tried updating BIOS, swapping RAM and reinstalling Windows to no avail.Error codes:MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMDIMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbFAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  6. Multi-Tasking Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Tasking Stuck: Hello, can anyone help to remove this Multi-tasking from my screen its stuck and i dont want to restart my pc.thanks in advancebest regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-stuck/ea63debe-392b-4fd1-b5e3-669ff74e3f56
  7. Multi-Tasking Stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-Tasking Stuck: Hello, can anyone help to remove this Multi-tasking from my screen its stuck and i dont want to restart my pc.thanks in advancebest regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-stuck/ea63debe-392b-4fd1-b5e3-669ff74e3f56
  8. Problem with Windows multi-tasking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows multi-tasking: Everytime i open multiple windows, the window that my cursor touches first comes to the top before i reach the smaller window. It's so annoying. I have to minimize everything to see the window that is hidden at the back. Please help me :...
  9. Task force

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task force: Ik krij dit bericht : Background Task host werk niet meer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-force/371b2346-c527-405c-9b06-228731d217a8
  10. Realtek Audio multi-output tasking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio multi-output tasking: I am having trouble with getting different applications to play through different outputs. I have my speakers plugged into the back and my headset in the front, but I can't figure out how to get my music and game sound to play out of the speakers while keeping the chat audio...