Windows 10: IT access to personal cell

Discus and support IT access to personal cell in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am working for a new company that had me authenticate Microsoft authenticator by phone on my personal cell. Does IT now have access to my personal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bhill_cp, Jun 16, 2021.

1. bhill_cp Win User

IT access to personal cell

I am working for a new company that had me authenticate Microsoft authenticator by phone on my personal cell. Does IT now have access to my personal cell phone?

:)

bhill_cp, Jun 16, 2021
  2. tfwul Win User

OneDrive Personal Vault - accessing from Android device

I am trying to access my OneDrive Personal Vault using my Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone.
    Whatever I try I end up with a screen telling me to create a Personal Vault, rather than opening the existing one, which was in fact the 'starting point'.

Steps taken:
    - sign in using my Outlook account
    - select verification method (send a code to my gmail account)
    - paste that into the verification screen

After clicking [Verify] I get this "Create a Personal Vault"-screen.

Any suggestions?

IT access to personal cell [​IMG]

Windows 10 x64
    Office 365, Outlook Exchange

tfwul, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Microsoft Free Cell

Hi Peter,

To help you reset your statistics in Free Cell, we suggest you to perform the following steps below:

• Close the Microsoft Solitaire Collection (if it is open).
    • In the File explorer go to: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserData\Guest\Statistic\
    • Rename Statistic.ark as old-Statistics.ark.
    • Run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The statistics will be back to 0.

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 16, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. IT access to personal cell - Similar Threads - access personal cell

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...
  4. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...
  5. Personal Vault Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Access the computer of a deceased person

Access the computer of a deceased person: I am the Executor of a deceased person's estate. How can I access his computer when I don't have his Microsoft account user name, password or 4 digit code?...
  7. How to access personal account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access personal account: July 3rd - there was an update. Afterwards when my system rebooted automatically it would not respond when I entered my password. Seemed to only enter last three characters and complained it was wrong. Tried many times. Finally noticed on bottom left that my account...
  8. Blocked access to personal vault

Blocked access to personal vault: I am showing a red arrow for the status of my personal vault. I use the authenticator to access and error code is 0x800706d9. This has happened to me before and I had a MS tech support person re-install the shortcut. Now I think I need to do it myself. I only have 1 file in...
  9. Access to my personal info

Access to my personal info: I recently opened a new business and needed a desktop. I purchased one and without thinking set it up using my Microsoft account. I just purchased a new laptop and while setting it up I realize my office help can access all of my personal info. I'm not comfortable with that....
  10. Pre-emptive help with cell phone internet access

Pre-emptive help with cell phone internet access: I'm going on holiday tomorrow to Morocco. I'll get a local SIM for my mobile (it is an ancient S3 mini). I want to use it to access internet (either tethering using the USB cable or making a WiFi hotspot I don't care) with my PC. Is there anything I should consider? Do...