Windows 10: IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

Discus and support IT administrator has limited access to some areas message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobthebuilderD, Nov 13, 2018.

1. IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.345)

:)

bobthebuilderD, Nov 13, 2018

2. Can't turn on Windows Defender - "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app..."

I downloaded the latest version of Win 10 and was disappointed that I cannot turn on Windows Defender Security. Same message as many others: "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.
    Contact IT Help Desk for more information." My laptop is not on a network,I am the sole user and I do not have any other anti-virus apps installed. Where do I go now please?

<Original title - Windows Defender >

MonicaDeblegiers, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

1. IT administrator has limited access to some areas message - Similar Threads - administrator has limited

2. Your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app: System InformationOperating system : Windows 11 ProCpu : Ryzen 7 5800xGPU : Geforce RTX 4060Motherboard : MSI MPG B550 Gaming PlusBoot Drive : 222GB SSDMy problem, I was experiencing issues with my performance earlier so I factory reset my computer and when everything was...
  3. Your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app: System InformationOperating system : Windows 11 ProCpu : Ryzen 7 5800xGPU : Geforce RTX 4060Motherboard : MSI MPG B550 Gaming PlusBoot Drive : 222GB SSDMy problem, I was experiencing issues with my performance earlier so I factory reset my computer and when everything was...
  4. your it administration has limited access to some areas of this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your it administration has limited access to some areas of this...: i have reset mr laptop and afterthat i am getting "your administration has limited access areas of this app ...contact IT helpdesk " this kind of problem how to solve it kindly help me to overcome it ....
  5. your it administration has limited access to some areas of this...

your it administration has limited access to some areas of this...: i have reset mr laptop and afterthat i am getting "your administration has limited access areas of this app ...contact IT helpdesk " this kind of problem how to solve it kindly help me to overcome it ....
  6. "your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app"

"your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app": I just change my activation key from Windows 11 Edu to Windows 11 Pro, then after I reset the windows with clean instalation I just realized I cant access the "Virus & Threat Protection" from windows security. Anyway, after I reset my laptop it came with McAfee as default...
  7. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app: Split from this thread. Your system is most likely infected. The "Your IT administrator has limited access" message may appear for several reasons. The Defender service configuration is incorrect, or registry-based policies are in effect, or there is malware on board.Please...
  8. IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app... This is a personal...

IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app... This is a personal...: I am the local administrator of this computer, just turned on and set up a week ago. When I try to access the Virus and Threat Protection it has a pop up warning that says:Page not availableYour IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you...
  9. IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IT administrator has limited access to some areas message: I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help! I'm on Windows 11 and my pc is...
  10. IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

IT administrator has limited access to some areas message: I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help! I'm on Windows 11 and my pc is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app

2. your it administrator has limited access

3. it administrator has limited access win 10

4. it helpdesk windows defender,
  5. your it administrator has limited access to some areas,
  6. it administrator has limited access,
  7. your it administrator has limited access OWN COMPUTER,
  8. your it administrator has limited access tosome area of this windows defender,
  9. your administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,
  10. your it administrator has limited access to,
  11. windows defender check for updates your it administrator has limited access,
  12. The message when accessing Ransomeware Protection says your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT Helpdesk for more information.,
  13. your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.and the item you tried to access is not available.,
  14. windows security your it administrator has limited access to some areas,
  15. your it administrator has limited your access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available