Windows 10: It all started with the latest windows update

Discus and support It all started with the latest windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC i built have been running like a best for 9 months. Only issue I had was when i restart or start pc, everything in my case would power on(fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ggunner, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Ggunner Win User

It all started with the latest windows update

PC i built have been running like a best for 9 months. Only issue I had was when i restart or start pc, everything in my case would power on(fans lights etc) but the keyboard and the screen wouldn't and i would be stuck there. After 2-4 attempts it would also power these on and start the windows. I have no idea why this happens.

Anyway, i decided to update my windows 10 to 1903 and that was the beginning of my problems. PC started freezing during games(no bsod) just screen mouse kb all freeze and id need to restart.

Yesterday I came home and pc wouldn't power on at all. I had to unplug an plug back everything(including cmos bat) except cpu and i got it to power on again, occasionally getting past the black screen like earlier.

This time though, it would not let me into windows! As soon as i typed my password and hit enter, it would freeze like before. I could get into safe mode only and even there any scans or hd checks i run wouldn’t fix anything, saying something preventing.

None of the reset, restart, uninstall updates or reinstall of windows options would work. Until i tried an exterbal drive to boot and do a fresh install. But again, i was stuck and freezing Once i put in my windows password!

I decided to go buy some parts and tested out ram, mb, psu.. i tried each part individually with no success. with new mb and psu i was able to do a clean install of windows with zero problems. Things seem to run fine now BUT, pc still idles with everything on after restart or pc start. Im still having to try 2-3 times. How do I fix this???

:)

Ggunner, Sep 14, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 14, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 14, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. It all started with the latest windows update - Similar Threads - started latest update

2. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba will not start after latest windows update: I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 and tried to install the latest Windows update & now my computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-will-not-start-after-latest-windows-update/7dda826c-2551-4247-b422-7d93edcf6ca9
  3. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba will not start after latest windows update: I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 and tried to install the latest Windows update & now my computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-will-not-start-after-latest-windows-update/7dda826c-2551-4247-b422-7d93edcf6ca9
  4. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Y does this happen it all started with the latest update I updated my laptop again but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Y does this happen it all started with the latest update I updated my laptop again but it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mosab132 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jupk4h/y_does_this_happen_it_all_started_with_the_latest/
  6. Windows not starting after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not starting after latest update: So recently my laptop prompted to restart to complete the updates, which I did but after that my windows is not starting or the repair tool is able to fix it. I would share this log file but it won't even boot in safe mode. I've unplugged the external mouse and keyboard as...
  7. I started the latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I started the latest Windows update: I started the latest Windows update and it has been "Working on updates 91%" for four hours. What can I do at this point to get the update to finish. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-the-latest-windows-update/98fb289e-7796-42e9-90c2-2363a0f48561
  8. Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 update Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 But after all there is no sound. Before Windows update I had sound with Realtek High definition driver. Now I don't. There is red X sign next to sound icon at quick launch bar. And in...
  9. Latest update & start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest update & start up: So i left my computer to update and shut down over night and in the morning i booted it up and logged in as usual. Im brought up with no desktop or background and a white window loads in with the message, “personalized settings (not responding)”. How do i fix this?...
  10. Latest Update Includes All Previous Updates? Nope!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Includes All Previous Updates? Nope!: My wife's Windows-10 HP Laptop got stuck in a Determining Problem/Restart to Repair/Determining Problem/Restart to Repair loop yesterday for 8 hours. Finally, I just said "screw it", and used the Media Creation Tool to make a Win10 disk using another computer in the house....