Windows 10: It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

Discus and support It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently My Hard drive attacked by some unknown virus/malware, i am not sure. But I used windows reset option to get rid of all unresponsive things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/warrior23725, Sep 24, 2020.

1. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

Recently My Hard drive attacked by some unknown virus/malware, i am not sure. But I used windows reset option to get rid of all unresponsive things started happening to Windows, but after reset it started acting weird, Some .JPG files shows this title error. What should i do? i installed Malware bytes and it detected some PUPs and malware from windows drive. Please Help.

submitted by /u/warrior23725
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/warrior23725, Sep 24, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 24, 2020
  3. louhoang Win User
    File permissions to delete file

You can try the steps below

1. Right click the file to that you don’t have permission to access. Vlick Properties.
    2. Go to Security tab and select Edit.
    3. Select Add button
    4. Type Everyone then select Check Names. Click OK to save changes.
    5. you will be back in the previous window, under Group or users names, choose Everyone then check mark Full control.
    you can refer more: Fix: You dont currently have permission to access this folder in Windows 10

louhoang, Sep 24, 2020
  4. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

Windows 10 File Permission Issue

There is a possibility that the files that you are trying to open are corrupted. Just to follow up, please answer the following questions:

• Which application are you using to open the photos?
    • What is the file type of the photos that you're trying to open?

We suggest that you check the permissions of the folder where the photos that you're trying to view are located at. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. A pop-up box will appear.

2. Go to the Security tab.

3. Under the Security tab, check if all the options under
    Permissions for SYSTEM are allowed/checked.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

1. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try... - Similar Threads - appears don't permission

2. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  3. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  4. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: I have a problem on Windows 11 in Windows Photos app. All photos are synchronized in OneDrive. When the photo is in the cloud and not on the device, then when open the photo, an error appears - It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions...
  6. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: I have a problem on Windows 11 in Windows Photos app. All photos are synchronized in OneDrive. When the photo is in the cloud and not on the device, then when open the photo, an error appears - It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions...
  7. It appears you don't have permission to access this file. Check the permissions and try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It appears you don't have permission to access this file. Check the permissions and try again.: I completely wrecked my previous laptop which had windows backup turned on. So, i took the internal hard drive out from the laptop and put in a hard drive enclosure. Now when I tried to restore files from the backup to my new laptop, whenever i try to access any restored file...
  8. it looks like you don't have permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again

it looks like you don't have permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again: My computer crashed due to bad SSD. After reconfigure my computer with new SSD, some backup folder I saved on offline HDD can not be read anymore. The error message: It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again. I have...
  9. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: I have a large photo file for which I cannot open any files with any photo viewer and only receive this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-looks-like-you-dont-have-permission-to-view/11f61855-0459-4bf5-9eda-e0777972647c
  10. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows photos app while trying to view photos in an external HDD. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images. My PC...