Windows 10: It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do

Discus and support It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do.I think I only seen something named product i.d but I didn't knew about that product key thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SivananthamGhishanthan, Sep 13, 2021.

1. It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do

It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do.I think I only seen something named product i.d but I didn't knew about that product key thing So, please help to get rid of this thing! * Original title: problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

SivananthamGhishanthan, Sep 13, 2021

2. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Ivandrum Win User
    My Asus laptop didn`t accept the password, Microsoft asked to change it

Today my Asus laptop didn`t accept the usual password I have been using for years. A note asked me to reset Microsoft password and after that, using this new password, I was able to start my computer.

Anybody knows why did this happen? Since when Microsoft is controlling my personal computer in such a way that I can`t even open if they don`t want to?

thanks

Ivandrum, Sep 13, 2021
  4. AddRAM Win User

It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do

win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do

1. It ask me about product key but I didn't know what to do - Similar Threads - ask product key

2. Product key didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key didn't work: Buy new product key for windows 11 but failed installed." this product key you entered didn't work. 0x80041023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/dd3f0dae-571c-4832-b396-491253a30948
  3. Product key didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key didn't work: Buy new product key for windows 11 but failed installed." this product key you entered didn't work. 0x80041023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/dd3f0dae-571c-4832-b396-491253a30948
  4. PC froze. Didn't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC froze. Didn't know what to do: Hi, I was watching YouTube when my PC suddenly "froze," that is it was loading or buffeting, or whatever you called it.I tried to log off Microsoft Edge, but it kept on going round and round and I couldn't turn it off without disconnecting my gateway, too.I didn't want to do...
  5. PC froze. Didn't know what to do

PC froze. Didn't know what to do: Hi, I was watching YouTube when my PC suddenly "froze," that is it was loading or buffeting, or whatever you called it.I tried to log off Microsoft Edge, but it kept on going round and round and I couldn't turn it off without disconnecting my gateway, too.I didn't want to do...
  6. Product Key Didn't Work

Product Key Didn't Work: We just purchased a license to upgrade our laptop from Windows 11 Home to windows 11 Pro. After we input the product key, it says that the product key didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/af0e812f-218e-4182-9be1-c9e6ab309575
  7. Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.: Hi everyone! I am installing Windows 10 in a PC's friend ... and she had a hard disk with Windows 10 but I have installed a new ssd and I have a new key producto to install Windows 10. Well, I have been installed from 0 Windows 10, apart of the other one in this new ssd and...
  8. I saved a product key but do not know what product it belongs to.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I saved a product key but do not know what product it belongs to.: I have a microsoft product key that I saved from a year or so ago, but I do not know why I saved it. It says not to post the number here, but here is some of it. VJYD2-DM2VY-KVXBQ-8XJH2-xxxxx...
  9. Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key?: Hi I have a laptop which has been running windows 7 Pro for some years. I had to replace the HDD and decided at the same time to install Windows 10 instead of 7. So I downloaded it from the Microsoft website, on a different laptop straight onto a USB stick, and installed...
  10. What do I want to know about this scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I want to know about this scam?: Suddenly popped up. Does not give any workable option to close it. URL is strange, all sorts of flags here.... I even had a difficult time to regain control of the computer. It played a loud announcement. I switched off the speaker. Claims to be Windows Defender....