Windows 10: It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't...

Discus and support It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/transparent- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/transparent-, Sep 23, 2020.

1. It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't...

/u/transparent-, Sep 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 23, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't... [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 23, 2020
  4. It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't...

pc don´t shut dow, sleep or hibernate

hi.

when i click on shutdown/hibernate/sleep button in start menu, system performs a log out and screen goes off and nothing else. Fan are working and led light are on. I waited 30 min but it didn´t shut down. In this state it woke up when touch pad or keyboard
    used and you face a welcome picture and log in screen. hibernating goes the same way. But that doesn´t work, only sleep and restart button work as expected.

the problem start after i install windows 10 (I had Windows 8). I think it´s not from the hardware and I also tried the power energy options and it didn´t work.

My laptop is a HP and I tried install the drivers from Win 8 and automatically installed again the Win10 ones.

Help please?

catarinaborges, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't...

1. It has been like this for over 20 minutes, can't shut down laptop. Power button doesn't... - Similar Threads - has been minutes

2. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also<Changed to a question>...
  3. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  4. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  5. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up

Power button shuts down laptop, instead of waking it up: Since the past 2 weeks, I've been seeing strange behavior in my laptop.When I close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when I press the power button to turn it on, it just shuts down immediately. And doesn't turn on even after pressing power button.Then when I remove the...
  7. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  8. "cleaning... 0% completed. Don't shut down". Its been like this for over 30 minutes now. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "cleaning... 0% completed. Don't shut down". Its been like this for over 30 minutes now. I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pepoidus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky5xde/cleaning_0_completed_dont_shut_down_its_been_like/
  9. Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Its been stuck like this for 5 minutes, safe to hold power button to shut down and start...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nollhundkoll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etztmm/its_been_stuck_like_this_for_5_minutes_safe_to/
  10. 10 - 20 Minutes Streaming, Wifi shuts down!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    10 - 20 Minutes Streaming, Wifi shuts down!: About 3 days ago i streamed on yt. I used a Custom code to stream, about 3 hrs in the stream my pc crashed. i restarted it. Next day i also streamed but then something weird happend every 1-20 minutes my wifi shuts down! it kept happening everytime! I don't know how to fix...