Windows 10: it How can I make my games run faster?

Discus and support it How can I make my games run faster? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my mom got me this laptop for Christmas, it's a windows 10 education and it has 8bg ram with a 64-bit processor. However, my games still run very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrileyHutson, Dec 26, 2019.

1. it How can I make my games run faster?

So my mom got me this laptop for Christmas, it's a windows 10 education and it has 8bg ram with a 64-bit processor. However, my games still run very slow. Could it be because it's education edition? I can't change it to pro because my mom it got online used and it didn't come with a product key. If that's not the case, any advice with helping my games run faster?

:)

BrileyHutson, Dec 26, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Dec 26, 2019
  4. it How can I make my games run faster?

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

it How can I make my games run faster?

1. it How can I make my games run faster? - Similar Threads - games run faster

2. How can I make my windows laptop faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my windows laptop faster: Hi! I have been using my hp windows laptop a lot but it is very slow. I watched many videos to make it faster but it is slow. Can I add ram to make it faster...
  3. How can I make my windows laptop faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make my windows laptop faster: Hi! I have been using my hp windows laptop a lot but it is very slow. I watched many videos to make it faster but it is slow. Can I add ram to make it faster...
  4. How do I make computer runs faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make computer runs faster?: I have a Dell laptop that is 6yrs old, with 8gb ram and i5 processor. I have winseos 7 before and it is really working smoothly. I just deciced to upgrade to windows 10 but now it takes some time before it became usable.I thought I don't have enough ram so I upgraded it. But...
  5. How do I make computer runs faster?

How do I make computer runs faster?: I have a Dell laptop that is 6yrs old, with 8gb ram and i5 processor. I have winseos 7 before and it is really working smoothly. I just deciced to upgrade to windows 10 but now it takes some time before it became usable.I thought I don't have enough ram so I upgraded it. But...
  6. How do I make computer runs faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to make my pc run faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my pc run faster?: My pc is extremely slow and blacks out many times during working hours.How to increase its processing speed and how to deal with black screen problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-pc-run-faster/0a2c10f5-98a6-4329-aa0e-ac936526f61a
  8. How to make my pc run faster?

How to make my pc run faster?: My pc is extremely slow and blacks out many times during working hours.How to increase its processing speed and how to deal with black screen problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-pc-run-faster/0a2c10f5-98a6-4329-aa0e-ac936526f61a
  9. How to make my pc run faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How can I make my CPU faster for gaming with only software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my CPU faster for gaming with only software?: I'm CPU has been very slow trying to play games and I was wounding if you had any tips... CPU speed: 2.9 GHz (3.5 GHz max turbo boost) CPU cores: 2 CPU Cache: 1 MB L2 TDP: 15 W (cTDP - 10/25 W) Integrated graphics: Radeon R5 Series AMD...