Windows 10: It is a scam of renewal of MaAfee of US149 3 years which end up charging almost US400

Discus and support It is a scam of renewal of MaAfee of US149 3 years which end up charging almost US400 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Messages kept popping up on my laptop recently to renew McAfee for 3 year for $149.99. When I accepted this today and download the product code and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lee YW, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Lee YW Win User

It is a scam of renewal of MaAfee of US149 3 years which end up charging almost US400

Messages kept popping up on my laptop recently to renew McAfee for 3 year for $149.99. When I accepted this today and download the product code and install it, I found it is Office 2019 instead of MaAfee. However, the installation was failed. When I checked with my bank, I was charged almost US400. The bank said this cannot be cancelled.

The installation could not be completed ? Name showed on the invoice is FastStore with a phone number of area code 471.

:)

Lee YW, Sep 27, 2020

2. Multiple charges when I tried to renew Xbox Live Gold

I am having the same issue with being charged multiple times for a renewal of Xbox Live. I tried to renew my son's xBox live on Friday and the website was not registering that it renewed. When I reviewed my account, I see that it renewed and charged my
    credit card 3 times (for 3 years worth). I only want it renewed for 1 year, and would like a refund of the other 2 years that I was charged for in error. The website was telling me that there was a problem with my payment type, which apparently there wasn't.
    Please correct and refund me for the 2 extra charges. Thank you!

MaggieLaDuke, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

It is a scam of renewal of MaAfee of US149 3 years which end up charging almost US400 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

It is a scam of renewal of MaAfee of US149 3 years which end up charging almost US400

Introducing Qualcomm Quick Charge 3+ fast and efficient charging

Source: Introducing Qualcomm Quick Charge 3+, fast and efficient charging for the masses

See also: Fast Charging Technology | Quick Charge 4, 3.0 and 2.0 Devices | Qualcomm

Brink, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. It is a scam of renewal of MaAfee of US149 3 years which end up charging almost US400 - Similar Threads - scam renewal MaAfee

2. Dispute renewal charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dispute renewal charge: I had a renewal charge off $99.00 for something I do not use. I want it cancelled and refunded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dispute-renewal-charge/e9e273a0-27e3-49b8-969b-d821fc36dd5e
  3. Dispute renewal charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dispute renewal charge: I had a renewal charge off $99.00 for something I do not use. I want it cancelled and refunded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dispute-renewal-charge/e9e273a0-27e3-49b8-969b-d821fc36dd5e
  4. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  5. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it: I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it and the update setting says that try reopen settings later.I tryed youtube tutorials to solve but still the same error.I also can't use microsoft storegives error....
  6. I have a laptop that I bought almost 3 years ago and from almost a year I can't update it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?

Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?: Hi,My organisation had purchased Windows 7 Year 1-3 ESU MAKs. From past experience, the Year 1 MAK was instantly invalid for further activation in Windows 7 workstations from the beginning of Year 2 on 13 Jan 2021. Subsequently, the Year 2 MAK was instantly invalid from the...
  8. Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the Windows 7 Year 3 ESU MAK key after the end of Year 3?: Hi,My organisation had purchased Windows 7 Year 1-3 ESU MAKs. From past experience, the Year 1 MAK was instantly invalid for further activation in Windows 7 workstations from the beginning of Year 2 on 13 Jan 2021. Subsequently, the Year 2 MAK was instantly invalid from the...
  9. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  10. Windows Defenders renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defenders renewal scam: I received an E-mail yesterday from someone claiming to me from Microsoft telling me I was going to be charged my bank account $299.99 for an annual , automatic renewal fee for myMicrosoft Windows Defender program , to protect my computer. When I called the number...