Windows 10: It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop

Discus and support It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Widgets, the Edge Bar search field and Microsoft Edge sidebar, and Windows Copilot can all be displayed on the Windows desktop, and that is not even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 28, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop

Widgets, the Edge Bar search field and Microsoft Edge sidebar, and Windows Copilot can all be displayed on the Windows desktop, and that is not even considering other features that Microsoft may be working on.

Only one of these is available currently in stable versions of the Windows 11 operating system, but Microsoft announced all the others recently or has introduced functionality already in developer builds of the operating system.

The Edge bar is a search field that Edge users may display on the desktop of the operating system. Introduced in mid 2022, it is still an experimental feature at the time of writing. Microsoft has enabled the feature by default, at least for some users.

The search option brings the browser's address bar to the desktop. It returns browsing related items, such as previously visited sites or favorites, and suggests searches as well. All of these are redirected to the Edge browser.

Microsoft is also testing functionality that lets users pin the sidebar of the Edge browser to the desktop. It allows users of the operating system to access the various features that Edge's sidebar supports right on the desktop.

Current stable versions of Edge have several items in the sidebar already, including a search feature, Bing Search, Tools, a shopping feature or an image creator. It does feature options to add websites to the list as well.

Widgets, a unique feature of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system, may soon be pinned to the desktop. All widgets are limited to the Widgets interface right now, but this is changing in the future. The feature may remind users who used Windows 7 of its gadgets feature, which displayed small applets on the desktop as well. Third-party widget support is slowly rolling out, which extends the available widgets significantly.

Microsoft showcased Windows Copilot during its Build 2023 developer conference. It is an AI-powered assistant that combines functionality of a support chatbot with options to make changes to the operating system and Bing Chat functionality. Windows Copilot opens as a sidebar on the desktop.

The Windows desktop is getting crowded

All of the features are optional. While Microsoft may enable some by default, lit it has done with the Edge bar, all either require that you activate them for display on the desktop or have options to hide them on the desktop.

Some of the features share functionality; three of them come with options to run searches on Bing or interact with an AI.

Several features are experimental at this stage and not all of them may find their way into stable versions of the Windows operating system. Some may change, but there is no doubt that others, including Windows Copilot, will be introduced in Windows 11.

Windows Copilot could make the biggest impact, if it can really help users when they are facing issues on Windows. Tests will show how accurate Windows Copilot is at becoming a useful assistant that helps users.

Widescreen monitor or multi-monitor users may benefit more from the introduction of these features than others.

Still, it will be interesting to see how popular these new options will become once they land in stable versions of the operating system.

Now You: would you place any of these on your desktop, or use them?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 28, 2023
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 28, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 28, 2023
  4. It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 28, 2023
Thema:

It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop

1. It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop - Similar Threads - getting crowded desktop

2. Windows desktop getting redacted?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop getting redacted?!: Dear Microsoft Support. I'm facing a predicament that it's kind of strange but I have not been successful in resolving this issue. Whenever I'm working with my windows like file explorer, system settings or etc. suddenly some parts of said window becomes blacked or redacted...
  3. Windows desktop getting redacted?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop getting redacted?!: Dear Microsoft Support. I'm facing a predicament that it's kind of strange but I have not been successful in resolving this issue. Whenever I'm working with my windows like file explorer, system settings or etc. suddenly some parts of said window becomes blacked or redacted...
  4. Can't get to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to desktop: Have an hp laptop. I cannot get passed "other user" screen to get to my user name and sign on, it diesnt show any place to switch user or change password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-desktop/fd12692b-1c32-4ff7-9295-36bf799a4914
  5. Can't get to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get to desktop: Have an hp laptop. I cannot get passed "other user" screen to get to my user name and sign on, it diesnt show any place to switch user or change password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-desktop/fd12692b-1c32-4ff7-9295-36bf799a4914
  6. My desktop is getting really crowded

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop is getting really crowded: I would like to consolidate some of the icons on my desktop into folders. For example, all of my Topaz icons into one folder, all of my Painter icons into another folder, etc. Or better yet, is there another way to clean up my desktop by putting all that 'stuff' somewhere...
  7. Can't get to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get to desktop: This is really weird I've tried this for an hour maybe? And now it's stuck in the Recovery screen it says: "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File:...
  8. cant get to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant get to desktop: stop code critrical process died ... it is not getting in to desktop . after pressing the start button it loads up and shows this stop code any one has any solution ?? please respond asap...
  9. Getting crowded in here ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting crowded in here ?: Hi Folks I need a little assistance, I have just completed a new build. I have a storage problem I hope you can help me with ? I have down loaded a rather large game (BF1) onto my C: Drive which is a Samsung 250GB Evo PCI-E 3.0 SSD, I would really like to move this file...
  10. Can't get to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get to desktop: Just got an up date version 1607 KB4023057 and now I can't get to my desktop on tablet. EDIT: It changed to tablet mode setting and I didn't realize it required a reboot for desktop mode, but now everything is OK 102866