Windows 10: It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player...

Discus and support It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player cannot detect the length of the file. Playing the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntonyNorcup, May 25, 2023.

1. It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player...

It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player cannot detect the length of the file. Playing the file before burning might enable the Player to detect the file length.

:)

AntonyNorcup, May 25, 2023

2. It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player cannot detect the length of the flie.

It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player cannot detect the length of the file. Playing the file before burning might enable the Player to detect the file length.

AntonyNorcup, May 26, 2023
  3. Windows media player in windows 10

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

It could be due to missing updates or corrupt system files or incorrect settings.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

• Restart Windows Media Player and check.
    • Clean the disc and verify that it is not damaged.
    • Try a different brand of blank discs.
    • If another program is currently burning files to the CD, wait until the burning process is complete.
    • Quit other programs that might be using the CD burner.
    Also, refer the link below.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: Burn and rip CDs - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 26, 2023
  4. Paul Bab Win User

It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player...

Windows Media Player

Hi,

There are different causes that may affect the performance of Windows Media Player on your Windows 10-based device. Let's gather the following information so we can gain a better grasp of your concern:

• Which version of Windows Media Player is installed on your Windows 10 computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you playing a media using a physical disc or a digital file?
    • Are you streaming online using Windows Media Player?

To determine the version of Windows Media Player installed on your Windows 10 computer, visit this

page
    and perform the steps provided.

In the meantime, you may use a troubleshooter to help resolve your concern with Windows Media Player. Refer to this

link
    for more information.

Paul Bab, May 26, 2023
Thema:

It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player...

1. It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player... - Similar Threads - possible determine file

2. It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player...: It is not possible to determine if this file can fit on a disc because Windows Media Player cannot detect the length of the file. Playing the file before burning might enable the Player to detect the file length....
  3. Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the...: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.What to do ?...
  4. this file can't be previewed because of an error in the windows media player rich preview...

in Windows 10 Customization
    this file can't be previewed because of an error in the windows media player rich preview...: how do i fix the above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-file-cant-be-previewed-because-of-an-error-in/7a0ceb47-bb16-4107-ab43-50ed38343a1a
  5. Windows Media Player Disc Burning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player Disc Burning: I have a pair of DVD-RW players on my computer and would like to copy Audio CDs; when I am in the "burn" setting and try to drag files to create a burn list, it won't let me: I get a red circle with a slash through it. None of the instruction guides mention even the...
  6. Windows media player does not recognize :D disc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows media player does not recognize :D disc: I have all my music on the :D disc and Windows Media Player does not recognise this disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-does-not-recognize-d-disc/cea77b98-7945-40a1-8f8b-43ddb2d4ef3d
  7. can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player: can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-rip-an-mp3-disc-in-windows-media-player-then/fefa007f-f583-4bd9-aa3d-db1557810cd3
  8. Windows Media Player/Disc Burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player/Disc Burning: Hello everyone I have a Windows 10 PC that was purchased in August of 2018. When using Windows Media Player, I am only able to burn one CD and Windows Media Player stops recognizing blank media. I have to exit the application and re-launch in order for it to recognize any...
  9. Windows Media Player is not installed properly - A Possible Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player is not installed properly - A Possible Fix: Error Message: "Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled" Questions (and answers) about this error message are posted all over the web -- it seems to be a very common problem with Windows Media Player -- and many have posted fixes involving...
  10. Burning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning to disc with Windows Media Player. Windows 10.: I get the following message when trying to burn a playlist to blank CD. Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest...