Windows 10: It is Reset or Refresh feature?

Discus and support It is Reset or Refresh feature? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, It is Reset and Refresh feature? or both of these are Reset feature and we cannot refresh within Control Panel in Windows? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PI_Daniel, Aug 18, 2019.

1. PI_Daniel Win User

It is Reset or Refresh feature?

Hello,

It is Reset and Refresh feature? or both of these are Reset feature and we cannot refresh within Control Panel in Windows?

It is Reset or Refresh feature? f49a612b-46df-4cc3-88ec-6ef5f305510d?upload=true.png

:)

PI_Daniel, Aug 18, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Microsoft Details Reset and Refresh Features Built Into Windows 8

InfoWorld isn't so impressed with this feature and their article makes for interesting reading. Me? I'm not so negative about it as I think it sounds useful.

So, what do you think of it?

qubit, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Microsoft Details Reset and Refresh Features Built Into Windows 8

I've tried reset and refresh in W8 in the first day w8 got released (back in September) *Confused It is Reset or Refresh feature? :confused:

Drone, Aug 18, 2019
  4. It is Reset or Refresh feature?

Windows 10 new Reset feature ?

Hi

Back in March 16, the Windows team of MSFT revealed that Windows 10 won't use a separate "Recovery" image for "Refresh" and 'Reset" feature. Later MSDN page on "Reset" is updated with some more info about this new change.

So according to MS, "Reset" feature will be built in to OS even if we install "Windows 10" from a retail DVD and the process will build a new OS by using updated system files from the old installation.

Has anyone tried this new 'Reset" feature ?. As a PC tech who has to perform a lot of repair and recovery, i am more interested to know about system recovery features than UI design changes. Sadly, due to low net bandwidth, it's impossible for me to download and trying latest TP builds and that's why i am asking here.

Anshad Edavana, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

It is Reset or Refresh feature?

1. It is Reset or Refresh feature? - Similar Threads - Reset Refresh feature

2. Win10 needs a feature to sync refresh rate to video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 needs a feature to sync refresh rate to video: A feature I'd like to see Windows 10 get is one to sync the refresh rate (when freesync/gsync enabled or it detects VRR) to a matching or multiplicative of the video playing. Considering most videos people will watch is likely on youtube, so they're like 30fps, 60fps... if...
  3. ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~: ~ Difference Reset & Refresh in Recovery ? ~ Recovery - Reset this PC vs Fresh Start ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/difference-reset-refresh-in-recovery/5b320ab5-0558-422f-9f29-068a0f7c25e9
  4. Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing

Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing: My computer originally came with Windows 8 and then converted to Windows 10. Something happened to computer, so when I do resetting or refreshing, it does not complete it and begin to undo all changes. Is there way to reset or how to get a Windows 10 from Microsoft? Thank...
  5. Resetting / refreshing pc almost every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting / refreshing pc almost every day: Hello i seem to have what may be some compatibility issues, because I basically have to reinstall windows once a day rig now. Sometimes the refresh function does the job, often it will just say "there was a problem, no changes made" - very helpful error... I have had...
  6. WDF_VIOLATION when install/refresh/reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDF_VIOLATION when install/refresh/reset: Been using Windows 10 since it was released with no major problems. On 10061 I got some malware (russian game website open in browser on boot) so i tried to use Settings->Reset/Refresh but it just BSOD and reset without changing anything. So I reinstalled Windows twice...
  7. Refresh or Reset PC

Refresh or Reset PC: Refresh or Reset Windows 10 removes files in Drive C. or only the partition where the Windows 10 OS is installed? 17825
  8. Insert media for reset or refresh

Insert media for reset or refresh: A few of my apps disappeared, and I can't open the app store. I tried using a restore point, which it said it could not complete. Tried a different date, same result. Tried a powershell command I found on another tech site. No good. Now I'm looking at doing a reset or...
  9. Windows 10 reset/refresh

Windows 10 reset/refresh: Hi there. I am thinking about resetting Windows 10. (Got too much clutter). Brink had an excellent tutorial on how to accomplish that. What is still unclear to me, is that it talks about inserting Install Media, which makes sense. However, my Windows 10 installation was one...
  10. Microsoft Is Updating Paint With New Features And Refreshed Interface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Is Updating Paint With New Features And Refreshed Interface: The Paint app that ships with Windows is nearly as old as Windows itself and thanks to the leak of a new video, Microsoft is about to give the app its largest update in its history. As you can see from the video below, the user interface is being updated and there will be new...