Windows 10: It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:...

Discus and support It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day everyone, I have this file in folder C: Program data, Microsoft, Windows Defender: IMpService77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24.lock Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack.pot, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Jack.pot Win User

It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:...

Good day everyone,

I have this file in folder C: Program data, Microsoft, Windows Defender: IMpService77BDAF73-B396-481F-9042-AD358843EC24.lock

Its size is 0 kB.

Is this file safe?

I know that this topic has already been solved on the Internet. But I never found anything about whether this file is safe or not.

Thank you for any reactions.

Regards.

J. S.

:)

Jack.pot, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10. Where is program data folder?

But how can I unhide the following hidden folder ???

Rafiul Bashar Nahin, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. It is safe? The following file is in the Program Data, Windows Defender folder:... - Similar Threads - safe following file

2. mntemp in program data folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  3. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mntemp in program data folder: Hello what is this file i found in my program data folder i have used windows defender to scan it and it has no threats i can just delete it without a problem but is it a malware? i got mix answer from googling. Currently it is in my recycle bin, I got this Do i just delete...
  4. mntemp in program data folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program data folder is a ghost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program data folder is a ghost folder: I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost folders in my C: drive that I'd fixed but the only one that can't be fixed with anything I do is the program data folder. I say...
  6. Program Data folder blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program Data folder blocked: I update to the October 2020 update on my PC I was having issues with my discord, so I decided to reinstall it upon opening the installer I got this message. I have a Lenovo E73 Mini Tower running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with an Intel Core i5-4460S. Can anyone help me out this is...
  7. Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to delete the adobe folders located in program files and program files (x86) in...: So I want to completely uninstall photoshop from my computer but I am worried that if I delete the Adobe folders from these locations my system will malfunction in some way. Am I just being paranoid? submitted by /u/josechiri707 [link] [comments]...
  8. Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Program Data Folder for Uninstalled Programs: Re Win version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 Is it safe to remove the ProgramData folder for an application long ago uninstalled, e.g., McAfee? Thanks for your advice! 157005
  9. Program Data folder relocation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Data folder relocation: Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it is possible to change the localisation of folderC:/ProgramData to another drive? if yes,could someone give me instructions please.very please. Thank you Best regards Tomasz...
  10. Windows 10: Why are Windows Defender folder there in both Program Files and in Program...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: Why are Windows Defender folder there in both Program Files and in Program...: I am on Windows 10-64 bit and today I noticed that there are Windows Defender folder in both Program Files and in Program Files (x86). Why so? Either 32-bit or 64-bit version of a single program should be there, and as it is a Microsoft product itself, I guess its 64-bit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. impservice77bdaf73

2. Windows cannot access the file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\CacheManager

3. what is impservice77bdaf73