Windows 10: It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

Discus and support It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey i am Prince GuptaI have purchased a sata SSD which is 5v but my SMPS give 0v ,ground 5v ,0v ground and 12v.It is safe to install SSD in 12vIf not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Prince Gupta_000, Jun 24, 2022.

1. It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

Hey i am Prince GuptaI have purchased a sata SSD which is 5v but my SMPS give 0v ,ground 5v ,0v ground and 12v.It is safe to install SSD in 12vIf not how to disconnect 12v from sata pins please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11

:)

Prince Gupta_000, Jun 24, 2022

2. ssd for desktop

can i use ssd for desktop even the voltage of the ssd is +5v___1.5A?

and if im not mistaken every power supply of a desktop has 12v sata power output.

thaks in advance. It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop. :)

-=jinoel=-, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Powering a 12v fan via 5v USB

All the fans that will spin will be slower than at 12 V, and some will not even start.

To get the fans to work as if they were on 12V you will need a boost converter from 5V to 12V Like this one

This one has a USB connection on it

Brusfantomet, Jun 24, 2022
  4. m00k Win User

It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

Powering a 12v fan via 5v USB

Sorry for the thread revival but hoping for some help along the same lines, I want to run two 80mm fans as efficiently and cheaply as possible in my garage. They will be running constantly

Will one of those 5v - 12v converters run two off one connection or best to run one for each fan?

Or any other recommendations?

Thanks

Thema:

It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

1. It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop. - Similar Threads - safe Install sata

2. How safe is Power SATA cable splitter?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How safe is Power SATA cable splitter?: Hi everyone, I need an advice about SATA power cable splitter.I'm planning to buy one but also in doubt about safety issues.How safe it is?Have anyone still use it for a year or two?So I'm asking for your advices Thank you....
  3. How safe is Power SATA cable splitter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How safe is Power SATA cable splitter?: Hi everyone, I need an advice about SATA power cable splitter.I'm planning to buy one but also in doubt about safety issues.How safe it is?Have anyone still use it for a year or two?So I'm asking for your advices Thank you....
  4. How safe is Power SATA cable splitter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.

It is safe to Install 5v sata SSD to 12v Power Supply in desktop.: Hey i am Prince GuptaI have purchased a sata SSD which is 5v but my SMPS give 0v ,ground 5v ,0v ground and 12v.It is safe to install SSD in 12vIf not how to disconnect 12v from sata pins please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11...
  6. Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata: Hellow,I am Prince Gupta i am a software developerI have buy a sata SSD which requires 4.8 volt and Max 5.0 volt but my desktop SMPS provide 3.3 volt ,5.0 volt and 12 volt is it safe to install SSD with 12 volt please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11 in it...
  7. Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata

Is it safe to install SSD in 12 volt sata: Hellow,I am Prince Gupta i am a software developerI have buy a sata SSD which requires 4.8 volt and Max 5.0 volt but my desktop SMPS provide 3.3 volt ,5.0 volt and 12 volt is it safe to install SSD with 12 volt please reply fast because I have to install Windows 11 in it...
  8. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  9. Power supply

Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  10. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...