Windows 10: It is time to check Windows Insider Settings

Discus and support It is time to check Windows Insider Settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next feature update for Windows 10, the May 2019 Update, will be released at the end of May to the general public. The release and other decisions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 6, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

It is time to check Windows Insider Settings

The next feature update for Windows 10, the May 2019 Update, will be released at the end of May to the general public. The release and other decisions that Microsoft made in the recent past impact the Windows Insider program.

Microsoft published a short, and rather cryptic, post on the Windows Insider blog that suggests to users and administrators to check their Windows Insider Program settings.

Designed to give Windows users and administrators an option to test upcoming versions of Windows, it is used by Microsoft as a testing ground for bugs and issues.

It is time to check Windows Insider Settings get-insider-preview-builds-660x389.jpg

The Insider Program for Windows features four different rings -- Skip Ahead, Fast, Slow, and Release -- that determine which build of Windows 10 is available to the device.

Up until recently, these meant the following:

• Skip Ahead -- Not open all the time, build of the next feature update that Microsoft is working on and not the soon-to-be-released one.
    • Fast Ring -- Latest builds of the soon-to-be-released Feature Update.
    • Slow Ring -- Same as fast, but not nearly as many builds and not latest.
    • Release Preview Ring -- Closest to current release version, last test before a release is pushed to Stable systems. Could be preview of a cumulative update or new feature update right before release.

Yesterday's announcement changes things:

• Skip Ahead -- Will receive Windows 10 20H1 builds (Windows 10 2003), Windows 10 version 1909 is skipped.
    • Fast Ring -- Will also be moved to Windows 10 20H1 and not 19H2.
    • Slow Ring -- No changes.
    • Release Preview Ring -- Will receive the May 2019 Update soon. Unclear if devices will receive the April 2019 Cumulative Update firsts but considering that the update will be released next Tuesday, it seems unlikely.

In other words: if you are on the Fast Ring, you need to move to the Slow Ring or Release Preview Ring if you don't want to make the jump to next year's version of Windows 10 yet.

[..] we’re planning to move Windows Insiders in the Fast ring forward to 20H1. We will also be merging the small group of Insiders who opted-in to Skip Ahead back into the Fast ring. We are looking to make this change in the coming weeks.

Microsoft has not revealed how it plans to test the second feature update of 2019. With the Fast Ring on Windows 10 version 2003, it would fall to the Slow Ring to receive the 1909 builds exclusively if the company does not change things around later this year.

Microsoft plans to release "19H2 bits" to Insiders later this year.

Now You: Do you run Insider PCs? What is your experience so far?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post It is time to check Windows Insider Settings appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 6, 2019

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

I set Win Update to Discontinue to Receive Insider Builds and there is no gui setting to begin receiving them

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to all settings

• Click on Update and security

• Select Windows Updates

• Click on Advanced option

• Click on Get insider build

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. It is time to check Windows Insider Settings - Similar Threads - check Insider Settings

2. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. Checking Remaining Screen Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Remaining Screen Time: Lately, while I've been gaming, I am unable to check my screen time since I don't know how to. I used to be able to check my remaining screen time on Windows 10, but I've switched over to Windows 11. Whenever I'm gaming, I would get a pop up saying I have less than fifteen...
  5. Checking Remaining Screen Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Remaining Screen Time: Lately, while I've been gaming, I am unable to check my screen time since I don't know how to. I used to be able to check my remaining screen time on Windows 10, but I've switched over to Windows 11. Whenever I'm gaming, I would get a pop up saying I have less than fifteen...
  6. How to check if you are Flighting or on a Windows Insider Build?

in Windows 10 News
    How to check if you are Flighting or on a Windows Insider Build?: Windows Insider is a program from the Microsoft Windows team that allows anyone to test the upcoming Windows version. Depending on which type of build you chose, the build can be buggy or decently stable since this feature is baked into Windows with an opt-in system if you...
  7. Is there a way to set what time of day Windows 10 checks for/downloads updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to set what time of day Windows 10 checks for/downloads updates?: Windows is checking for updates during the day while I am trying to work and it severely impacts my PC performance...sometimes to the point where I cannot even use it. I have set active hours to 4am-6pm but that only affects when it does the restart, not when it checks and...
  8. how to check versions of windows in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to check versions of windows in settings: how to check version of windows in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-versions-of-windows-in-settings/21495eeb-8e10-4726-81fa-3d2d9a528975
  9. Reminder: Check your Windows Insider Program settings

in Windows 10 News
    Reminder: Check your Windows Insider Program settings: With the Release Preview ring soon (see this blog post for details), we’re planning to move Windows Insiders in the Fast ring forward to 20H1. We will also be merging the small group of Insiders who opted-in to Skip Ahead back into the Fast ring. We are looking to make this...
  10. Check for processes set to real time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check for processes set to real time.: A few days ago my screen randomly went black, so I restarted the PC. Second time it happened the screen went black and then a load of very faint white lines appeared vertically on the screen. Upon restarting the PC after this, I just got a black screen. Thinking this may be...