Windows 10: it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

Discus and support it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop. When I go to settings it says its already on. just wondering what to do? Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by david1989-444, Sep 25, 2018.

1. it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop. When I go to settings it says its already on. just wondering what to do? Thanks

:)

david1989-444, Sep 25, 2018

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop

1. it keeps saying to turn on windows defender on my laptop - Similar Threads - keeps saying turn

2. Windows Defender keeps turning off on iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender keeps turning off on iPhone: The Windows Defender keeps turning off my iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-keeps-turning-off-on-iphone/d7c17fc3-673e-4545-8373-bde4c8925ad3
  3. Windows Defender keeps turning off on iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender keeps turning off on iPhone: The Windows Defender keeps turning off my iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-keeps-turning-off-on-iphone/d7c17fc3-673e-4545-8373-bde4c8925ad3
  4. Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.: Hello, I use Bitdefender AV, and since a couple of weeks, the system sometimes shows the Windows Defender Scan notification on startup. I disable it, but it keeps turining on.I said since a couple of weeks, because I suspect some Windows Update changed/screwed something. I...
  5. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  6. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  7. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED: So i downloaded a game trainer and windows defender did its job by blocking a supposed trojanimage provided. It quarantined the threat but later on gave another notification of that same threat and this time clicking Start action doesn't work. Personally i know the threat is...
  9. i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error

i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error: i am running on windows 7 my windows defender will not turn on keeps saying error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_7/i-am-running-on-windows-7-my-windows-defender-will/0a708c49-386e-4094-8a41-1ca8ea22246f
  10. Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Turning Itself Off: I have to turn Windows Defender back on every day. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I have Windows 10 (automatically updated) and no other virus protection software installed....