Windows 10: "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

Discus and support "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; whenever i have a clip that i made from a game and i try to trim it, it gives me an error message saying "It looks like as though you dont have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CheeseBoy4231, Aug 25, 2020.

1. "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

whenever i have a clip that i made from a game and i try to trim it, it gives me an error message saying "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving a copy instead.'' i am the only user on the device and i find it quite odd that it says "as though" in the error message, is there a fix for this?

submitted by /u/CheeseBoy4231
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CheeseBoy4231, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Tekware Win User

You dont have permission to save in this location...

This is a process but it worked for me:
    You can follow these steps for one folder or go here to make sure your folder is shared with Everyone
    1.Right click on the folder that you can't access and click share with >specific people
    2. Click add and then enter Everyone for a user name
    3. Click read permissions where it says read to read/write
    4. Click share, click done

1. Right click properties on the folder you can't access
    2. Click advanced.
    3. Click change owner
    4. Type Everyone for the owner and select owner reset to full control.
    5. close properties
    6. Then click on the save file box and choose the default folder you want to save to in the open dialog box.
    With a new owner with full control of everything and sharing it should work if you followed this completely. Worked for me. *Shock

Tekware, Aug 25, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    it looks like you dont have permission to save changes to this file.

Hi Ricky,

If you are prompted that you do not have permissions when saving a file, even if you are an administrator, there might be an application that is blocking you from making changes to the file. Can you tell us if there are any third-party antivirus applications
    installed on your computer? If there are, kindly disable them temporarily and see if you are able to save a file. Third-party antivirus programs may often times take control of some apps or settings within the system, causing you to be blocked from accessing
    these apps or settings.

Note: Antivirus software can help you protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn’t disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it, you should re-enable it as soon
    as you’re done. If you’re connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If disabling your antivirus programs does not resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Aug 25, 2020
  4. "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

Saving edited photos. The message is "It looks as though don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Some changes have come to Windows 10 without my knowledge. When I now edit a photo II cannot save it. The message is "It looks as though don't have permission to save changes to this file"

What have Microsoft and how can I change it back . . I've tried various things but they don't work.

StephenIzzard, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

"It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

1. "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving... - Similar Threads - looks though dont

2. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  3. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  4. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file.": Hello everyone, I've had this issue every time I have reinstalled windows (for cleaning/faulty driver reasons). It appears to be impossible to save a trimmed version of a video when using Windows Photos, and I have yet to find what allows you to. It would always fix itself...
  6. You do not have permission to save changes to this file

You do not have permission to save changes to this file: Hi, I have been using my widows 10 photos app to trim videos for the last month. Yesterday I tried to do the same and I got the error message "you do not have permission to save changes to this file" when I tried to save as a copy following the trim. How can I get this...
  7. Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file: I get the message in this subject line when trying to trim a video using the photo app's Movies & TV. Mine is a HP laptop using Windows 10. The videos that I'm trying to trim were converted to mp4 from dvds using the VLC app. Home movies-- no copyright protections. I...
  8. Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file": I subscribe to MS365 and use OneDrive so that I can create and save files across my laptop and desktop...I am the only user. I am getting the error while trying to edit and then save a JPG file that I created from a screenshot and saved to a local ONEDrive folder that...
  9. How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?: I did a screen recording with Bandicam and tried to crop the video in the Photos app. However, when I click 'Save as', I get an error message that says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." I know this is an error...
  10. You dont have permission to save to this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You dont have permission to save to this location: "You don't have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrators to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?" This message randomly pops up when I am trying to save something to the desktop, like a newly created .txt file or...