Windows 10: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

Discus and support It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maxdespiseswindows, Sep 22, 2022.

1. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead."I have tried everything. I have checked the Microsoft forums for previous questions in this vein. I have used the command prompt to check for corrupted files. Nope. I have tried going into properties and changing the file owner. Ev

:)

Maxdespiseswindows, Sep 22, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

You don't have permissions to save in this folder

Which folder are you trying to save to?

If you aren't using the true administrator there will be certainly places you can't save to, or even access unless you manually change the security permissions to allow yourself access.

newtekie1, Sep 22, 2022
  3. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

When I try to save an edited photo (literally all I did was just crop it a bit) I get this error message. It exactly says: "Try saving a copy instead. It looks as though you don't have permission to save changes to this file."

I tried saving the photo as a copy but I got the exact same message. I'm an administrator. What can I do to fix this?

Nixie Pixie, Sep 22, 2022
  4. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

Saving edited photos. The message is "It looks as though don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Some changes have come to Windows 10 without my knowledge. When I now edit a photo II cannot save it. The message is "It looks as though don't have permission to save changes to this file"

What have Microsoft and how can I change it back . . I've tried various things but they don't work.

StephenIzzard, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

1. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy... - Similar Threads - looks don't permission

2. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  3. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  4. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

"You don't have permission to save changes to this file": I'm the only one using this desktop, with only one user account. I have tried almost everything, under properties I have ensured that all admin/users have full control. I have run sfc /scannow. But it's still not working... All I want to do is trim my videos :- please help...
  5. Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file.": Hello everyone, I've had this issue every time I have reinstalled windows (for cleaning/faulty driver reasons). It appears to be impossible to save a trimmed version of a video when using Windows Photos, and I have yet to find what allows you to. It would always fix itself...
  6. "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...: whenever i have a clip that i made from a game and i try to trim it, it gives me an error message saying "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving a copy instead.'' i am the only user on the device and i find it quite odd that...
  7. Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file: I get the message in this subject line when trying to trim a video using the photo app's Movies & TV. Mine is a HP laptop using Windows 10. The videos that I'm trying to trim were converted to mp4 from dvds using the VLC app. Home movies-- no copyright protections. I...
  8. Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file": I subscribe to MS365 and use OneDrive so that I can create and save files across my laptop and desktop...I am the only user. I am getting the error while trying to edit and then save a JPG file that I created from a screenshot and saved to a local ONEDrive folder that...
  9. How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?: I did a screen recording with Bandicam and tried to crop the video in the Photos app. However, when I click 'Save as', I get an error message that says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." I know this is an error...
  10. Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I loved the changes, until yesterday. I am signed in as the administrator of my account. I tried to save a simple spreadsheet to Documents in One Drive. I received this message: "You don’t have permission to save in this location....