Windows 10: It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

Discus and support It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a large photo file for which I cannot open any files with any photo viewer and only receive this error message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kingracingpuma, Apr 16, 2020.

1. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

I have a large photo file for which I cannot open any files with any photo viewer and only receive this error message.

:)

kingracingpuma, Apr 16, 2020

2. It look like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again..............WHERE?

So recently my Lumia 640 won't allow me to view my photos or videos and instead I get, "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check permissions and try again."

So where do I check permissions and how to I change them to allow me to see my pictures that I was able to see last week. Even pictures I took today cannot be viewed. Please help.

Jackhenrie, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Mpadhu Win User
    It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows photos app while trying to view photos in an external HDD. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of
    the images.

My PC crashed one fine day and I have to reinstall Windows by wiping the internal disk but that external HDD is untouched. After this new OS installation I am facing this permission issue. I have around 100 GB of photos but all shows the same error message
    when tried to view in Windows photos app.

Have tried all the permissions under the 'Security' tab under properties but nothing seems to work. But If I copied a photo and pasted elsewhere other than that external HDD, I am able to view the photo. Facing the issue only with the external HDD.

Please let me know a way to change the permission for all the 100 GB photos.

Mpadhu, Apr 16, 2020
  4. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

Faulty message "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."

On windows computers in our lab.

We have some files in a UNC path ("\\afs\..."). We need a kerberos ticket and an afs token to access this location. (AFS)

When we want to open an image file (PNG in my tests) with Microsoft Photos, we get

"It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."

But

* the file is readable

* If I copy or move the file to the desktop, I can open it there.

* It is not reproducible in every folder in \\afs\....

After moving the file in another volume/folder in \\afs\..., I could open it there. (This folder was a homefolder for me).

* We can open it in other programs (paint etc)

* After opening it wit another program like paint, the slideshow of Microsoft Fotos can show the image and double-clicking on the image shows the image very brief before displaying the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check
    the permissions and try again.".

What extra permissions would Microsoft Photos need. In my opinion readable alone should be enough.

If I can read the file, I expect Microsoft Photos to be able to open it.

How can I debug this problem?

Thanks for helping me out!

Vincent.be, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

1. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again - Similar Threads - looks don't permission

2. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: I have a problem on Windows 11 in Windows Photos app. All photos are synchronized in OneDrive. When the photo is in the cloud and not on the device, then when open the photo, an error appears - It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions...
  3. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: I have a problem on Windows 11 in Windows Photos app. All photos are synchronized in OneDrive. When the photo is in the cloud and not on the device, then when open the photo, an error appears - It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions...
  4. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file [Windows 10 Build 19044]

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file [Windows 10 Build 19044]: First: this is a recent clean install of Windows - considering the headache it's already been are we end users the beta testers now? I'll get a Mac before I re-install Windows 10. A re-install is off the table, repair only if justified.Prior to re-installing Windows I had no...
  5. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file [Windows 10 Build 19044]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It looks like you don't have permission to view this file [Windows 10 Build 19044]: First: this is a recent clean install of Windows - considering the headache it's already been are we end users the beta testers now? I'll get a Mac before I re-install Windows 10. A re-install is off the table, repair only if justified.Prior to re-installing Windows I had no...
  6. Photos in One Drive - "It looks like you don't have permission to view the file. Check the...

Photos in One Drive - "It looks like you don't have permission to view the file. Check the...: Hi, I've got thousands of photos from a few decades stored in One Drive and unfortunately nowhere else where I get the following message: "It looks like you don't have permission to view the file. Check the permissions and try again."Upon checking Properties > Security >...
  7. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...: Recently My Hard drive attacked by some unknown virus/malware, i am not sure. But I used windows reset option to get rid of all unresponsive things started happening to Windows, but after reset it started acting weird, Some .JPG files shows this title error. What should i do?...
  8. It appears you don't have permission to access this file. Check the permissions and try again.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It appears you don't have permission to access this file. Check the permissions and try again.: I completely wrecked my previous laptop which had windows backup turned on. So, i took the internal hard drive out from the laptop and put in a hard drive enclosure. Now when I tried to restore files from the backup to my new laptop, whenever i try to access any restored file...
  9. it looks like you don't have permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again

it looks like you don't have permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again: My computer crashed due to bad SSD. After reconfigure my computer with new SSD, some backup folder I saved on offline HDD can not be read anymore. The error message: It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again. I have...
  10. It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again

It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again: Hi. I am getting the error "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" on the Windows photos app while trying to view photos in an external HDD. Even the windows explorer does not show the thumbnails of the images. My PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fujifilm windows permission

2. it looks like you dont have permission to view this file. check the permissions and try again