Windows 10: "It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account"

Discus and support "It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there MS Community, I was trying to rename my account and UserProfile folder on my Surface Pro 5 and I stuffed something up somewhere. So, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Adam the Kiwi, Feb 16, 2021.

1. "It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account"

Hi there MS Community,

I was trying to rename my account and UserProfile folder on my Surface Pro 5 and I stuffed something up somewhere. So, I thought that the best thing to do would be to delete my user account and start again. I created a local admin user, took a backup of the files in my user profile and deleted my user from the machine, rebooted and then re-added my Microsoft account.

All seemed to be going well - except that I've been unable to reenable Windows Hello or my fingerprint. Can you help me get it working again, please?

Ngā mihi - Adam

:)

Adam the Kiwi, Feb 16, 2021

2. Unable to setup Windows Hello: "it looks like you've already setup Windows Hello on another account."

Hello Tony,

The issue you're experiencing with setting up the Windows Hello can be caused by a conflict with a recently installed application, driver, or update. To narrow down the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To check your build, go to
      Start > Settings > System >
      About

Meanwhile, you can refer to the How to fix software issues section in this

article
    for troubleshooting steps suitable for software issues on Surface devices.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Feb 16, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 16, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

"It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account"

Trouble setting up Windows Hello in new microsoft account

Hello,

If you are prompted that you have already set up Windows Hello, you might already have set up Windows Hello on your account. For us to properly assist you in setting up Windows Hello, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When you say "the other account has been deleted", is it deleted from the computer? Or, the Microsoft account has been closed?
    • Is the new Microsoft account associated with a local account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

"It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account"

1. "It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account" - Similar Threads - looks you've already

2. It looks like you have already set up windows hello on another account. Remove face...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you have already set up windows hello on another account. Remove face...: Hi,I had windows hello set up on my previous account. I closed that account three months ago, and now when I want to set up windows hello on my new account and new device, it gives me this message: "It looks like you have already set up windows hello on another account....
  3. It looks like you have already set up windows hello on another account. Remove face...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like you have already set up windows hello on another account. Remove face...: Hi,I had windows hello set up on my previous account. I closed that account three months ago, and now when I want to set up windows hello on my new account and new device, it gives me this message: "It looks like you have already set up windows hello on another account....
  4. Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Camera issue - It looks like another app is using the camera already: It all started when I updated my laptop. The camera is an essential part of online school, so, please I need help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-camera-issue-it-looks-like-another-app/99b030ea-7c60-4cd7-9746-a5ceae4434d4
  5. Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already": [ATTACH] My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I tried reinstalling the driver, both from the official Lenovo site (I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340) and via Windows, that...
  6. Looks Like This isn't a Microsoft Account - but I set it up and cannot set up the new...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looks Like This isn't a Microsoft Account - but I set it up and cannot set up the new...: I have a new computer with Windows 10 Professional. I set up our new employee under Windows 365 and checked all the settings - they are the same as everyone elses. I waited 24 hours just to be make. When I try to set up the new computer with the new employees email I get...
  7. That fingerprint has already been set up on another account

in Windows 10 News
    That fingerprint has already been set up on another account: [ATTACH]If you see message That Fingerprint has already been set up on another account, Try a different finger, when you try to set up Windows […] This article That fingerprint has already been set up on another account first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. Looks like you already own this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. Looks like you already own this...: Hi so i had minecraft windows 10 previously but i reset my pc. i just bought a minecraft code and when i try to redeem it then it says Looks like you already own this Hope you’re enjoying it. I dont have minecraft windows 10 installed on my pc because i reset it....
  9. Setting up Windows Hello Facial Recognition for another account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up Windows Hello Facial Recognition for another account: Recently another account of mine got its user file corrupted (we'll call it acc 1). I deleted the account off my computer and sign in with a new account (acc 2). Since I am currently using a Surface Pro 6, they recommended me to do a Windows Hello face recognition, but when...
  10. Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close other apps. It looks like another app is using camera already.: I know this is not a brand new issue, there are lots of articles already there on this problem, but I did't found any of them to be helpful. I'm having this problem since 4,5 months. Let me describe it clearly: Whenever I'm using my laptop and try to open camera, it shows...