Windows 10: it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod

Discus and support it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; every time i go to "Check for updates" how do i know which one fucked up my system and remove it ? thanks. submitted by /u/fronaldinho [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fronaldinho, Sep 13, 2020.

1. it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod

every time i go to "Check for updates"

how do i know which one fucked up my system and remove it ?

thanks.

submitted by /u/fronaldinho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fronaldinho, Sep 13, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

Hi Doc_Samson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive Blue Screen error with hidclass.sys. In order to get to the root cause of the issue, we will need the Dump files, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. I have sent a private message to you, please share
    the Dump files over the private message.

To access Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

However, the hidclass.sys is a driver file for Human Interface Devices, which are basically, keyboard/mouse or gaming controllers. I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Update drivers

I suggest you to update the drivers on the computer, to make sure that all the drivers are up to date including Keyboard, Mouse, USB and HID Drivers. In addition, you may also update the chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s websites. Kindly
    refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Check hard disk for errors

I would suggest you to run chkdsk utility to check any errors in the hard drive. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: chkdsk/f C:
    4. Select Yes and restart the computer.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Windows Memory Diagnostic

You can also run Memory Diagnostic on the computer to check for any memory corruption errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

You can also refer the suggestions provided by auggy replied on May 15, 2018 in the thread

BSOD Hidclass.sys

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 13, 2020
  4. it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod

unsigned driver continually being offered to install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Why don’t you want the update to install?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to use the Update Troubleshooter and try installing the update without the error.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

You cannot stop Automatic Windows updates on Windows 10 but you can block certain updates for any particular driver if you think it will be hampering the performance of the hardware. I suggest you to refer the steps provided by
    Rohit Chettri on the below thread link to block update of a driver software.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/how-to-block-automatic-reinstall-of-a-driver-or/bff07224-4ce2-

4b42-ab29-68c3a305d730

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod

1. it offered to update some drivers and now i get bsod - Similar Threads - offered update drivers

2. Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?: I had the really old driver installed from my motherboard manufacturer, but I found an updated driver inside Windows Update. Expanded it, manually chose to update to it, and now it's working fine.Why didn't Windows Update offer this as an optional driver through it's UI? I...
  3. Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?: I had the really old driver installed from my motherboard manufacturer, but I found an updated driver inside Windows Update. Expanded it, manually chose to update to it, and now it's working fine.Why didn't Windows Update offer this as an optional driver through it's UI? I...
  4. Why wouldn't Windows Update offer this driver update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can anyone offer some help with constant BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone offer some help with constant BSOD?: I own a Dell xps 15 9560 and for months (at least six) I've been getting the BSOD. It's almost always Video TDR failure and always GPU related. I recently upgraded the ram to 32gb and the hard drive to 2tb although the problem was there prior and still is even after a fresh...
  6. now all I get are BSOD's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    now all I get are BSOD's: Allo there! I hope you're doing well considering all the madness that's going on in the world right now! OK so, I'm on my knees here! I've hit a brick wall with my pc. I'm a PC literate and can do 99% of things PC related, hey I go back to DOS 5.0 on a 286!! Anyway my Windows...
  7. Now All I Get is BSOD's!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Now All I Get is BSOD's!?: Allo there! I hope you're doing well considering all the madness that's going on in the world right now! OK so, I'm on my knees here! I've hit a brick wall with my pc. I'm a PC literate and can do 99% of things PC related, hey I go back to DOS 5.0 on a 286!! Anyway my Windows...
  8. now all I get are BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    now all I get are BSOD's: Allo there! I hope you're doing well considering all the madness that's going on in the world right now! OK so, I'm on my knees here! I've hit a brick wall with my pc. I'm a PC literate and can do 99% of things PC related, hey I go back to DOS 5.0 on a 286!! Anyway my Windows...
  9. I cannot update some drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot update some drivers: Hi there, I run McAfee on my P.C. and it fails to update 5 or 6 drivers on scheduled updates. When I go into settings to update manually I get the message: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. I have tried my best to find which fixes are missing to...
  10. i used a software to update some drivers and now i have this problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i used a software to update some drivers and now i have this problem: 3 days ago i used auslogic driver update software to see if there are any drivers to update. then there were "firmware" and "display" drivers to update so i updated both and rebooted my pc. after 5 minutes my monitor stopped receiving signal and my keyboard/mouse stopped the...