Windows 10: It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

Discus and support It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; NOW I AM USING WIN10PRO WHICH IS INSTALLED IN MY NORMAL HARD DISK. AS MY SYSTEM IS GETTING SLOW I WISH TO CHANGE MY HARD DISK TO SSD. SO IS IT POSSIBLE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NavaneethVJ, Jun 18, 2021.

1. It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

NOW I AM USING WIN10PRO WHICH IS INSTALLED IN MY NORMAL HARD DISK. AS MY SYSTEM IS GETTING SLOW I WISH TO CHANGE MY HARD DISK TO SSD. SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANFER MY ORIGINAL WIN10PRO TO THE SSD. IF YES HOW

:)

NavaneethVJ, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Perra Win User

Hard Rectangular Drive Could be the Hard Disk Answer to SSDs

You're probably right but until SSD's come down to a more reasonable price-level, I'm all for this kind of stuff. Can probably be a perfect stepping-stone from HDD to SSD.

If it ever gets to stores that is *Smile It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd :)

Perra, Jun 18, 2021
  3. johnhawke Win User
    After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions

Hi everyone,

I've searched high and low on Google for the specific issue that I'm having, but I can't seem to figure this out.

About a year ago, I built my own computer. I have my OS (Windows 10) installed on a Plextor M6 256 SSD. Today, for about the fourth time in a year, my computer became unresponsive during normal use. After a forced hard reset, I was taken to a black screen with the 0xc00000e error, telling me that a required device was inaccessible. After a quick Google search, I found many answers saying that this problem was because of a corrupted boot record.

I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft. First, I attempted automated startup recovery. This didn't work. Then I attempted to use bootrec to fix the problem. This resulted in the tool telling me that no Windows installations were detected.

I decided then to open diskpart. The disk itself was detected, but whenever I listed volumes, nothing showed up for that disk. No partitions or volumes were listed.

I've since recovered the drive by flashing a Clonezilla image that I had as a backup, so everything is up and running now. However, I am curious as to why this problem keeps happening. I've downloaded the diagnostic tools from Plextor for my disk, and it says that everything is fine. I've also run a Windows memory diagnostic, which has returned no errors.

My assumption is that the hard reset is causing some kind of partition table corruption. But, that still leaves the issue of why the computer is freezing up to begin with unsolved. Any suggestions/possible causes to investigate would be much appreciated!

johnhawke, Jun 18, 2021
  4. It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

To do so, follow the steps below:

Step 1.
    Clone OS to SSD

Step 2. Enter into BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot disk.

Step 3. Change the old drive to D:\ (you'd better do a disk backup of the old drive in adavance).

Hope my answer will give you a hand.

Paper Plane-4567, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd

1. It Possible to tranfer os from hard disk to ssd - Similar Threads - Possible tranfer hard

2. Weird disk tranfer rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird disk tranfer rate: Copying from a ssd samsung 860 to an external wd blue installed on a usb 3 docking station is 85mb/s. It was double a couple of weeks ago. I copied the same file from evo 860 to an internal wd blue hdd and transfer rate is about 150mb/s. Then I copied the same file from the...
  3. Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive: Hello, I installed an SSD on my Laptop. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SSD and formatted the old HDD, but somehow when I boot up my laptop it still goes to the Windows Boot Manager asking which operating system to use. I probably made a mistake because the HDD...
  4. is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it possible to put Hard disk that has Windows 10 into Device that currently has no OS?: I have a laptop Acer Aspire Series which is old laptop but one problem is i can't do it immediately until i got the answer my HDD From old laptop is capable with my new laptop Fujitsu so i need answer if i can use the old Hard disk Will it damages my new laptop? will...
  5. change the hard disk with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  6. Is it possible to boot Windows from an external hard disk?

Is it possible to boot Windows from an external hard disk?: My buddy recently bought a new PC and needs help installing Windows. Since my 8gb USB stick is broken, I can't use it anymore. Is it also possible with an external hard drive? And is it enough to use the free tool from Microsoft? Kann man die Windows von externer Festplatte...
  7. OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS from HDD to SSD: I’m trying to migrate my operating system from the HDD to SSD however when I choose, which one I want it to go to( the ssd) it says cannot use source disk. This doesn’t make any sense because windows folder is clearly on the HDD and I use the HDD as a boot drive so I can not...
  8. windows 10 os digital licence tranfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 os digital licence tranfer: How can I transfer my Windows 10 pro licence from my old laptop to new one? Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-os-digital-licence-tranfer/86143ad5-3583-4d10-bae5-10a8393b12ae
  9. New pc with SSD and hard disk

New pc with SSD and hard disk: How do I configure Windows 10 to use my SSD for programs and D: drive for data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-with-ssd-and-hard-disk/368f5882-86dd-4125-8b1d-920ec00241ae
  10. Basic SATA disk or SSD for OS?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Basic SATA disk or SSD for OS?: Windows 10 x64 Pro, v1803, OS build 17134.165. OS disk: WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0, basic internal SATA, 1Tb, 56% full. I often find, for the first 15-30 minutes after startup, that the operating system disk is running at 100% active (from Task Mgr), with average response times of...