Windows 10: it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute

Discus and support it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have you gone Settings, System, Power & sleep and set the times for Screen and Sleep to Never? Also click on Additional Power settings. Yes please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OGmoney1o, Apr 24, 2020.

1. OGmoney1o Win User

it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute

Have you gone Settings, System, Power & sleep and set the times for Screen and Sleep to Never?

Also click on Additional Power settings.

Yes please let me know any fixes that might work, screen saver is also set to not turn off unless its selected.

:)

OGmoney1o, Apr 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows must be very tired-refuses to stay awake

Hi, there are several extensive threads on this. Please feel free to search the forum and use it as a resource.

example: I searched the forum for
    sleep two minutes

it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute [​IMG]

Refining the search may give more results- I suggest you try
    Solved sleep minutes
    for example.

If you find no solution, please post back listing what you've tried. Good luck

dalchina, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Apr 24, 2020
  4. it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute

Windows goes to lock screen after 1 minute "not touching" the computer

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options

Click in the Require sign in list box

Choose a longer time than 1 minute in the list box.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute

1. it refuses to stay on without input for longer than 1 minute - Similar Threads - refuses stay without

2. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender LPS refuses to stay off: So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a...
  3. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  4. Wifi refuses to stay working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi refuses to stay working!: tl:dr - wifi option missing, replaced chip, reinstalled windows, nothing worked (should def read the whole thing tho) ok so first off, i know the title throws you off a little so let me full explain, my m.2 wifi/bluetooth module in my prebuilt was acting weird, my assumption...
  5. wont stay on for more than a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wont stay on for more than a minute: Hello, My desktop hp keeps turning off/ sleeping. I have both setting set to Never and it still turns off. I have also gone into "additional power settings" and have also chose never for "change when the computer sleeps" and "choose when to turn off the display" I have...
  6. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD: I have a full description of the problem here: https://superuser.com/questions/1469370/more-than-1-minute-to-boot-windows-10-even-with-ssd For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black...
  7. My computer won't work longer than 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer won't work longer than 15 minutes: My cat slept on top on my computer when it was open and now my computer is acting weird(freezing, loud ringing sound when watching netflix, setting won't open) and i dont know what to do fix it...
  8. Random wallpaper shuffler at an interval of less than 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random wallpaper shuffler at an interval of less than 1 minute?: On Windows 10 is it possible to do random wallpaper shuffler at an interval of less than 1 minute? I have checked various sites claiming to have instructions on how to set Windows 10 random wallpaper shuffle to a customized time but the instructions never seem to work, and...
  9. HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes: Hello I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage. I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated. But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle(i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical...
  10. Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get monitor to stay on more than 20 minutes or so: I've done "settings/system/power and sleep" and set the monitor to stay on 5 hours. But it continues to go off every 20 minutes or so. How do I get it to stay on? 85379