Windows 10: it says i need a new app

Discus and support it says i need a new app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; how can I upgrade Microsoft store so I can download from it it says I need a new app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CharmedQuill5, Oct 16, 2019.

1. it says i need a new app

how can I upgrade Microsoft store so I can download from it it says I need a new app

:)

CharmedQuill5, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. it says i need a new app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 16, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Oct 16, 2019
  4. it says i need a new app

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

it says i need a new app

1. it says i need a new app - Similar Threads - says need app

2. So my microsoft store wont work, and wsreset.exe says i need a new app to open this app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my microsoft store wont work, and wsreset.exe says i need a new app to open this app?: I cant take scrrenshots, xbox wont download, wsrest.exe doesnt work, i cant even trouble shoot it cause there is no option to troubleshoot microsoft store. NOTHING i try works, and i cant do anything. i even deleted all the sus apps ive downloaded over the past forever, and...
  3. It says I need to get a new pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I need to get a new pin: So today I went on my pc to play some games with my friends and than it says I need to get a new pin so I just tried to reset my whole pc but keep my files and I put my right password in cause I have it n my notes and I checked it multiple times and it still said “incorrect...
  4. It says I need to get a new pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It says I need to get a new pin: So today I went on my pc to play some games with my friends and than it says I need to get a new pin so I just tried to reset my whole pc but keep my files and I put my right password in cause I have it n my notes and I checked it multiple times and it still said “incorrect...
  5. It says I need to get a new pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...: When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link ". So I try to download MS store but when I click the "Get" there is no response. Every time I click it its as if its trying to do something but can't. This...
  7. I cannot use microsoft store at all it says need a new app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use microsoft store at all it says need a new app.: I bought a new SGIN notebook. It is pre installed windows 11. I cannot use microsoft store at all it says need a new app. I have tried several methods to reinstall microsoft store, including windows powershell reset and all have failed. I totally reset the laptop but this did...
  8. I cannot use microsoft store at all it says need a new app.

I cannot use microsoft store at all it says need a new app.: I bought a new SGIN notebook. It is pre installed windows 11. I cannot use microsoft store at all it says need a new app. I have tried several methods to reinstall microsoft store, including windows powershell reset and all have failed. I totally reset the laptop but this did...
  9. WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD A APP IT SAYS I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A NEW MS APP WHICH ONE

WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD A APP IT SAYS I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A NEW MS APP WHICH ONE: WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD A APP IT SAYS I NEED A NEW MS APP BUT DOSENT TELL ME WHICH ONE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-download-a-app-it-says-i-need-to/fc818beb-4b49-4cef-9682-66e37d1f4557
  10. windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app?

windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app?: windows says i need a new app to install edge. what app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-says-i-need-a-new-app-to-install-edge-what/03a16a4a-65c1-4d38-81a1-ccc9c1888613