Windows 10: it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place,

Discus and support it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place, in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't understand because I need a PIN to get into many other things but never set one up, I also don't have the option to delete my PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by confused person 1120, Jun 23, 2024.

1. it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place,

I don't understand because I need a PIN to get into many other things but never set one up, I also don't have the option to delete my PIN

:)

confused person 1120, Jun 23, 2024

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 23, 2024
  4. it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place,

Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

You can remove the pin of account b by following the steps below.

First log in to account b.

1. Open Settings on Windows 11.
    2. Click on Accounts.
    3. Click the Sign-option tab.
    4. Under the “Ways to sign in” section, click the PIN (Windows Hello) setting.
    5. Click the Remove button in the “Remove this sign-in option” setting.
    6. Once you complete the steps, the PIN will be removed from the account, but you will continue to have access to the account with your password.

Derrick19 - MSFT, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place,

1. it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place, - Similar Threads - says need Change

2. it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it says I need to "Change my PIN" when I never set one up in the first place,: I don't understand because I need a PIN to get into many other things but never set one up, I also don't have the option to delete my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-i-need-to-change-my-pin-when-i-never-set/85e2f2cc-18c6-410e-968f-7721ccc43682
  3. I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one: so I want to sign in to xbox to claim the game pass and it says to put in my pin but i dont have one so i go to make a pin and then it says that i already have one...
  4. I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to set up a pin but my settings says i already have one: so I want to sign in to xbox to claim the game pass and it says to put in my pin but i dont have one so i go to make a pin and then it says that i already have one...
  5. Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?: When I try sign to sign into Xbox , I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before, I don’t access to a computer to fix the issue or anything to access my setting because I can’t sign in without the pin, I am sign out of...
  6. Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?

Why does it keep asking me for a pin when I never set up one?: When I try sign to sign into Xbox , I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before, I don’t access to a computer to fix the issue or anything to access my setting because I can’t sign in without the pin, I am sign out of...
  7. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  8. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  9. Need to set up my pin but need to change it first?????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to set up my pin but need to change it first?????: I'm trying to set up a pin for login on my desktop as it will be quicker for me to use. I did have a pin on the PC ages ago but I didn't use the PC for about 2 years and forgot it. There isn't an option to change that pin anymore as it just says to set up a Windows Hello pin,...
  10. PIN request - when I never set one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN request - when I never set one: My Windows login started asking for a PIN a few months ago. I always cancelled out of it because I never set one up and didn't want to have to remember another code. But recently, I installed a new version of Office, and it won't let me access Office without a PIN. When I...