Windows 10: It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.

Discus and support It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer and I've been downloading games off my web browser. Some of the games say that I need to install an app for this task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SupremeT445, Nov 29, 2022.

1. It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.

I recently bought a new computer and I've been downloading games off my web browser. Some of the games say that I need to install an app for this task but when I open the store there is no apps. I've tried reinstalling from different sources and everything it says the same thing.

:)

SupremeT445, Nov 29, 2022

2. How do I reinstall an app that the computer says is not there but the store says is installed

Hi Shawn and Ruth

I used Powershell to uninstall it again and double checked that the tile was gone. It was. Then I reinstalled it from the store. I checked in the start list and the game is listed under "recently added" and listed under "D" in the "All Apps" from the
    start menu. I reset the store like Ruth suggested and tried to open the game from the store's "Open" box -- no luck. Then I tried opening the game from the start menu - no luck.

Under "Settings" and "Apps and Features" the game is not listed.

The store says that the game is installed.

The Package is listed under PowerShell as:

Full Name: A278AB0D.DragonMainaLegends_1.7.0.15_x86_h6adky7gbf63m

Install Location: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\A278AB0D.DragonMainaLegends_1.7.0.15_x86_h6adky7gbf63m

KidsUnKauf, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 29, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.

1. It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games. - Similar Threads - says need install

2. I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...: Please clear my doubt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-qbasic-and-i-installed-the/e335c3a9-307b-449e-86c0-d01828375675
  3. I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to install qbasic and I installed the file and when I try to open it, it says...: Please clear my doubt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-qbasic-and-i-installed-the/e335c3a9-307b-449e-86c0-d01828375675
  4. When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...: When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link ". So I try to download MS store but when I click the "Get" there is no response. Every time I click it its as if its trying to do something but can't. This...
  5. When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...

When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...: When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link ". So I try to download MS store but when I click the "Get" there is no response. Every time I click it its as if its trying to do something but can't. This...
  6. When I open games and some apps an overlay appears saying " You'll need a new app to open...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. whenever i try to open exe files on windows 11 it says i need to install an app on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i try to open exe files on windows 11 it says i need to install an app on the...: how can i execute exe files because without them i cant install anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-open-exe-files-on-windows-11-it/9ebd0603-0178-4ef2-951f-2a2b8ea04d1e
  8. whenever i try to open exe files on windows 11 it says i need to install an app on the...

whenever i try to open exe files on windows 11 it says i need to install an app on the...: how can i execute exe files because without them i cant install anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-open-exe-files-on-windows-11-it/9ebd0603-0178-4ef2-951f-2a2b8ea04d1e
  9. It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I need to install an app to complete this task when I try to open some games.: I recently bought a new computer and I've been downloading games off my web browser. Some of the games say that I need to install an app for this task but when I open the store there is no apps. I've tried reinstalling from different sources and everything it says the same...
  10. "you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    "you need to install an app for this task" when i try to add a microsoft account: I am currently on a local account and wanted to add my Microsoft account. I opened settings>accounts>your info to attempt to add the account. When clicking the link that says "sign in with Microsoft account instead" i am greeted with a page that reads "you need to install an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you need to install an app for this task