Windows 10: it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working?

Discus and support it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; intergrated webcam says it is working properly, but when I try to use it like on Zoom, no picture appears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WayneKelder, Jun 27, 2020.

1. it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working?

intergrated webcam says it is working properly, but when I try to use it like on Zoom, no picture appears.

:)

WayneKelder, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 27, 2020
  3. My integrated webcam is not connected and requires further installation

Hi Jack,

To resolve your issue regarding your webcam, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select it from the list.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Hardware and Device, and start the troubleshooter.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 27, 2020
  4. it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working?

Integrated webcam not working

Hello,

0xA00F4244 error code may be caused by an antivirus software that's blocking the camera or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select
      Properties
    • Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes
      stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    • If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose
      Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall >
      Delete the driver software for this device
      , and then select OK.
    • In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select
      Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working?

1. it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working? - Similar Threads - says integrated webcam

2. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  3. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  4. How can I get my memory integrity working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my memory integrity working?: My memory integrity is off due to the wdcsam64_prewin8 driver being incompatible, how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-memory-integrity-working/aa7882a8-bab2-49ea-8f9c-1391146ad52e
  5. How can I get my memory integrity working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my memory integrity working?: My memory integrity is off due to the wdcsam64_prewin8 driver being incompatible, how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-memory-integrity-working/aa7882a8-bab2-49ea-8f9c-1391146ad52e
  6. Integrated webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated webcam is not working: My integrated webcam is not working properly like it works for 5-10 minutes and then it shows camera not attached properly. I had reset the camera app and updated the camera drivers too but still it doesn't work. I have an dell Vostro 3568. Please help! submitted by...
  7. Integrated Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Webcam not working: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 OS - Windows 10 No physical hardware damage on camera Windows update done Device Manager - Camera name shows "USB Boot" Webcam Drivers updated, uninstalled, reinstalled Dell supported all device...
  8. Integrated webcam not working

Integrated webcam not working: Hi, Up until 2 weeks ago, the Webcam worked, all of a sudden, it is not I have followed all steps on the prior blogs, including uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager, with no luck Error message is as below [ATTACH] I would appreciate any assistance...
  9. Integrated Webcam Not Working

Integrated Webcam Not Working: Device USB\VID_0C45&PID_6705&MI_00\6&31b23481&0&0000 requires further installation. My Camera stopped working and I can not figure out what to do next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-not-working/0f077551-ec28-4085-a85f-14930ac4713f
  10. integrated webcam inconsistently working

integrated webcam inconsistently working: On my new laptop, my integrated webcam works for Google Hangouts but not for another online chat site. When I attempt to "check my equipment" with the site, the site recognizes my camera for a split second and then disconnects. Any ideas?...