Windows 10: it says my game is incompatable

Discus and support it says my game is incompatable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; medieval total war it downloaded perfectly fine and when I try to run the program it tells me it needs administrative permission but I'm the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sjg10121990, Aug 6, 2019.

1. it says my game is incompatable

medieval total war
    it downloaded perfectly fine and when I try to run the program it tells me it needs administrative permission but I'm the administrator on my computer . so I ran the trouble shooting help guide and now its saying the game is incompatible . please tell me is there anything I can do I love this game and its from 2002 so I bought it new.. now I cant get it to work.

:)

sjg10121990, Aug 6, 2019

2. Incompatibility games

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

That is a great suggestion since the game is very cheap.

But I live outside the USA and is not easy to buy things online there.

I have been meaning to try PayPal.

But I checked the link you gave me and there it says:

Game System Requirements:

• CPU: 1.0 GHz
    • RAM: 512 MB
    • DirectX: 9.0
    • Hard Drive: 379 MB

As you can see, no Windows 10.

But thank you again, for your time.

SandrineCardoso, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Not able to play games, keeps saying that it is incompatible and it doesn't load the game anymore.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Games are not playing in Windows. We will help you.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

If the above steps do not work, then I suggest you to
    contact the manufacturer of the game. They would assist you better with the issue.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 6, 2019
  4. it says my game is incompatable

Incompatible: EA Game

Hi,

From the information provided, it looks like the issue could be due to the program being old which is why it is not being supported in Windows 10.

I would however suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check again:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the game and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

it says my game is incompatable

1. it says my game is incompatable - Similar Threads - says game incompatable

2. Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11: Any game I install through the XBOX app using game pass will not run.The above example is Atomic Heart but I get this on every game installed to C:\Games\Xbox. Installation directory is a new SSD mounted as a folder C:\Games\ in a folder called Xbox. This SSD works perfectly...
  3. Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games installed with the XBOX app say they are incompatible with Windows 11: Any game I install through the XBOX app using game pass will not run.The above example is Atomic Heart but I get this on every game installed to C:\Games\Xbox. Installation directory is a new SSD mounted as a folder C:\Games\ in a folder called Xbox. This SSD works perfectly...
  4. All nvidia drivers say my system is incompatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All nvidia drivers say my system is incompatible: I had to make a windows 10 home clean install and now i try to install nvidia drivers and all tell me my system is not compatible, even though i ran dxdiag and i checked my system is 64 bits, i downloaded even the oldest drivers for windows 10 64 bits and none worked, all...
  5. All nvidia drivers say my system is incompatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All nvidia drivers say my system is incompatible: I had to make a windows 10 home clean install and now i try to install nvidia drivers and all tell me my system is not compatible, even though i ran dxdiag and i checked my system is 64 bits, i downloaded even the oldest drivers for windows 10 64 bits and none worked, all...
  6. All nvidia drivers say my system is incompatible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible: Hi, My Microsoft Game Bar says that my system isn't compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate. However, when I run DXDIAG, that says it IS compatible. So I'm not sure why Game Bar is wrong. I have an NVIDEA 3070, which should be compatible with DirectX 12, so I'm not sure what to...
  8. incompatible games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incompatible games: Dear members, how many of you fail to play gta sandreas in your pc windows 10 properly, due to incompablity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-games/33f3afe3-99e4-49e3-95ff-19535b41ed8d
  9. incompatible games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incompatible games: Dear members, how many of you fail to play gta sandreas in your pc windows 10 properly, due to incompablity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-games/33f3afe3-99e4-49e3-95ff-19535b41ed8d
  10. Incompatibility games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatibility games: Hi, I cannot run the games Mortimer Beckett and the crimson thief and Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King on Windows 10. I have tried compatibility in proprieties, selecting windows 7, windows vista pack 1 and pack 2, but it does not work. Does it have anything to do...