Windows 10: it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse...

Discus and support it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/runby42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzjudp/it_says_my_laptops_clickpad_is_connected_to_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/runby42, Nov 23, 2020.

1. it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse...

/u/runby42, Nov 23, 2020
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the TouchPad of your laptop and want to use an external USB mouse.

To use an external USB mouse, please connect the USB mouse to any USB port on your laptop and it will be set up automatically.

To disable the touchpad you can try the following steps and check if that helps:

1. Press and hold Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager from the list.
    3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    4. Find Synaptics SMBus TouchPad/ELANClickpad touchpad.
    5. Right click on the driver and select Disable.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 23, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse...

How many USB ports do you use ? ( 7 years later )

Oh boy, ok.
    Uhm on the desktop:

• CMStorm Trigger Keyboard w/onboard USB hub
      • Sharkoon FireGlider Optical mouse
    • Generic USB3->eSATA adapter (for eSATA RAID encosure that the Intel eSATA port repeatedly drops the connection to *Roll Eyes it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse... :rolleyes:)
    • External USB Hub with individually switched ports populated by:
      • Xbox 360 Wireless receiver
      • Transciever for wireless corsair headset I never use
      • TM Warthog stick
      • TM Warthog throttle
      • CH Products rudder pedals
      • Sometimes a USB flash drive for booting to whatever
    • Aune T1
    • Oculus Rift DK2
    • DK2 Tracker
    • Cyberpower UPS
    • USB A > USB mini B cable
    • USB A > USB micro B cable
    On the laptop
    • Fiio E17
    • X360 Wireless receiver (sometimes)
    So I guess I'm using 18 USB devices, with the game controllers and universal cables only connected (by toggling the switched USB hub ports) to pc (and device, respectively) when needed. 9 USB ports on the desktop populated, one or two on the laptop as required; sometimes a third for USB drive for whatever. I do all my file transfers and ROM flashing over wifi and charge my phone from the wall so it doesn't count. I use a pair of modded ATH-m50 with V-Moda boompro mic connected to the onboard frontpanel audio for gaming instead of the shit-tier corsair wireless usb headset, yet still always have it plugged in but switched off for some reason. Normally I'd have my audio routed over HDMI but renovations and no room for my AVR & speakers.

m4gicfour, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse...

1. it says my laptop's clickpad is connected to my usb port even when its not, making my mouse... - Similar Threads - says laptop's clickpad

2. why wont my microphone make sound even though its connected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why wont my microphone make sound even though its connected?: Ive been having trouble with my microphone. every time i plug it into my audio interface i get the reading that its connected. But when i try to sing into it in my D.A.W no sound transmits....
  3. why wont my microphone make sound even though its connected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont my microphone make sound even though its connected?: Ive been having trouble with my microphone. every time i plug it into my audio interface i get the reading that its connected. But when i try to sing into it in my D.A.W no sound transmits....
  4. MY WHATSAPP SAYS NO AUDIO DEVICE CONNECTED EVEN WHEN IT IS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY WHATSAPP SAYS NO AUDIO DEVICE CONNECTED EVEN WHEN IT IS: MY WHATSAPP KEEPS SAYIN NO AUDIO OR MIC CONECTED EVEN THOUGH IT IS I CANT FIND A SOLUTION EVERY OTHER APP IS WORKING WITH THE MIC ONLY WHATSAPP SAYS THIS..............
  5. MY WHATSAPP SAYS NO AUDIO DEVICE CONNECTED EVEN WHEN IT IS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY WHATSAPP SAYS NO AUDIO DEVICE CONNECTED EVEN WHEN IT IS: MY WHATSAPP KEEPS SAYIN NO AUDIO OR MIC CONECTED EVEN THOUGH IT IS I CANT FIND A SOLUTION EVERY OTHER APP IS WORKING WITH THE MIC ONLY WHATSAPP SAYS THIS..............
  6. My PC not recognizing my controller when its plugged in through the USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC not recognizing my controller when its plugged in through the USB port: Hello, I'm having issues with my PC not seeing/recognizing my gaming controller the Dualshock 4, it isn't recognized by the pc through devices and printers all though it should be seen as a device. What should I do in this situation?...
  7. hp laptop to sync my its saying USB not recognized

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hp laptop to sync my its saying USB not recognized: when I plug my pone up o laptop to sync my its saying USB not recognized I just got this laptop PLEASE Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop/0fb3f3e9-34b5-4d29-a4ca-09896bf1fc63"
  8. USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10)

USB mouse not connecting to Laptop, even when plugged into the port (Windows 10): So I have a Lenovo Edge 15 that I have been using for work and school. Recently, one of my computer mouses stopped working on my laptop, and changing what USB port it was connected to did nothing. Thinking that the mouse was broken, I bought a new one and tried to use it,...
  9. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  10. My laptop will not detect my USB port

My laptop will not detect my USB port: I have done this before where I plug in my Camera into the USB port and send me pictures into this but I tried to do it yesterday and no matter what I did Windows never created a pop-up message saying something of the likes of "What would you like to do with this device" or...