Windows 10: It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help

Discus and support It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/memediet [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/memediet, Nov 9, 2019.

1. It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help

/u/memediet, Nov 9, 2019

2. UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I recommend you stick with legacy install instead to avoid any compatibility problem hardware or software. Uefi have the speed advantage for boot up but I don't find it to be a good trade-off for the compatibility problems that appeared. Secure boot for uefi is a pain if you decide to install multiple os as the other os is "locked" out. I used uefi for my previous install it is a lengthy install selecting the correct bios setting without borking the install. I'll move to uefi if I don't have a need for multiple os or legacy things. So far I seem to need it.

MIRTAZAPINE, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Support Had Me Change From UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS Re: DISASTER

This was Acronis True Image 2018 support not MS or Lenovo (P51). Those familiar with True Image know that you can create bootable media on a flash drive to run the software. No problem with True Image 2017 but True Image 2018 did not work. Although the flash drive loaded the program the GUI was garbled and I was unable to navigate. Support had me switch from UEFI back to Legacy and that was a bad idea. Sorry for the caps but this was what I wrote back to Acronis support. FYI the rest of the message was not in caps:

SUPPORT: I have discussed this issue with the Experts team and they have suggested testing whether changing from UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS fixes the issue or not. This step is suggested for testing purpose only.
    THAT WAS A TERRIBLE SUGGESTION. I WENT INTO THE BIOS AND DID AS YOU INSTRUCTED AND CHANGED FROM UEFI TO LEGACY. I CLICKED EXIT AND SAVE AND WITH THE FLASH DRIVE PLUGGED IN THE 2018 BOOTABLE MEDIA I WENT TO BOOT MENU OPTIONS AND CHOOSE BOOT FROM FLASH DRIVE AND I WAS DROPPED BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU OPTION. SEE ENCLOSED PICTURE. I THEN SELECTED BOOT FROM THE SSD DRIVE AND I WAS AGAIN STUCK IN A LOOP THAT DROPPED ME BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU OPTION. I THEN TRIED BOOTING FROM THE SECOND INTERNAL HDD OPTION AND AGAIN WAS DROPPED BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU. I COULD NOT GET BACK INTO THE BIOS TO CHANGE BACK TO UEFI FROM LEGACY. I HAD TO DO A HARD SHUTDOWN AND POWER BACK ON AND ONLY THEN WAS I ABLE TO GET INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE BACK FROM LEGACY TO UEFI.

This is a pic of the loop I was caught up in. Why do you all think I was not able to boot either from the flash drive or the SSD or the HDD once I changed from UEFI to Legacy in the BIOS? TIA.

It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Nov 9, 2019
  4. It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Hi HannanShaikh,

You can convert your Legacy mode drive to UEFI boot anytime, visit this link:
    Windows Setup: Installing using the MBR or GPT partition style
    for a comprehensive guide to reformat your hard disk to boot it to a UEFI mode.

The option to "Boot the PC to the DVD or USB key in UEFI mode" is also provided there.

Make sure that you use the same USB drive which already matched the edition of Windows 10 for your computer.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help

1. It says this in UEFI and takes me to a boot loop in legacy. Please help - Similar Threads - says UEFI takes

2. Boot loop - Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop - Please help!: I recently installed a new screen on my laptop Acer Nitro 5. Everything seemed to be working fine for a few days until this morning, when my laptop just randomly restarted itself.Now it's stuck in a boot loop, and won't get past the initial Acer loading screen.I've created a...
  3. Boot loop - Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop - Please help!: I recently installed a new screen on my laptop Acer Nitro 5. Everything seemed to be working fine for a few days until this morning, when my laptop just randomly restarted itself.Now it's stuck in a boot loop, and won't get past the initial Acer loading screen.I've created a...
  4. Please help me with this loop

Please help me with this loop: Post containing all info you need: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-windows-10-failure-during-system-restore/c136d9d6-11bd-4110-881c-86f146b3d7ef?page=2...
  5. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  6. Legacy or uefi boot?

Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  7. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i...
  8. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot: I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot...
  9. UEFI versus Legacy Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI versus Legacy Boot: I just purchased a refurbished PC that I an very happy with but I would like to know how to have this PC use the Legacy Boot rather than the UEFI. Is this a realistic possibility? I would like to multi-boot Windows 10 Pro with Ubuntu 18.04. It looks as if it is a simple...
  10. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI: HI, I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then using rufus I created bootable USB, Here Something happened I inserted USB then in BIOS menu it wasn't showing us so I changed...