Windows 10: It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Discus and support It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Speaker icon is muted, but volume down key says its 39volume (or decibels) I basically mean that when I press volume down key on my Lenovo computer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephAlexis2, Jan 12, 2019.

1. It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Speaker icon is muted, but volume down key says its 39volume (or decibels)

I basically mean that when I press volume down key on my Lenovo computer it says its 39 volume, but the speakers is muted.

:)

JosephAlexis2, Jan 12, 2019

2. speakers stuck on mute

My speakers stay constantly on mute. It is like the button is being constantly held down. If i press volume up, it will go up but then when i release the volume, it goes right back down to mute. Ive troubleshooted and it says device is muted, and that it
    failed to fix.

so im not sure where to go with this other than being frrustrated with a fault in pretty much a brand new dell laptop.

AndrewMorden, Jan 12, 2019
  3. jrw46 Win User
    Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

The suggestions about restarting the explorer.exe and running sfc didn't fix the problem. I don't think there is a
    corruped file becuase the mute switch worked fine until the day I upgraded from 7 to 10.

I ran a copy of Linux Live and the mute icon works fine, going back to win 10 the mute switch is always on regardless the postilion of the speaker mute key, the ICON is always on.

jrw46, Jan 12, 2019
  4. jrw46 Win User

It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

Let me repeat what the problem is. The tiny LED on the Speaker key (this key is on the keyboard like all the other keys from A to Z plus all the other useful keys) is always on regardless how I press the speaker key, whether the key is pressed to mute speaker
    or pressed to unmute speaker, the LED should be either 'off' or 'on'. An interesting fact is, when I run the LINUX LIVE OS the speaker on/off led works fine.

I have an HP Laptop running windows upgrade from ver 7 to ver 10. By the way when I was at the windows ver 7 the must speaker key and led worked fine. It's only now that the windows 10 upgrade has been onstalled that the speaker mute key and led doesn't
    work correctly. The problem can be explained in 12 words. "The orange led indicator for the Speaker mute key is always on."

jrw46, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

1. It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted - Similar Threads - says press volume

2. My speaker is muted. Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speaker is muted. Help: Hi, I have many days with my speakers in mute mode and I don't knew how fix it. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-is-muted-help/60be1102-cb8d-4c70-8507-9da31b30db38
  3. Mute Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute Icon: Hey all, This morning on my system was a white speaker icon with an "X" in it and the word "MUTE". My mouse pointer just passes thru it. How do I get rid of it? I'm using WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-icon/fe77352b-0574-4658-939e-f417ad81106f
  4. Speaker icon muted

Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0
  5. Windows will now mute volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows will now mute volume: I am currently running windows 10. Whenever I use my keyboard to mute volume, my volume just jumps from whatever the volume is at to 100 and then back when i try to click mute again. the volume indicator jumps to 100 but the volume of sound does not increase or decrease. All...
  6. Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker

Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker: Hi. My Surface Pro 4 have a strange bug with sound/drivers problem. Sometimes (generally after SP4 Is resumed from sleep or hibernate) the sound only works well in the right speaker, and sound in the left speaker is almost muted. This is driving my crazy, because I can't...
  7. Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?: Hi, I'm looking for an app that I can record certain soundbytes to, and once that app recognizes one second of that same exact sound byte, it will auto-mute the audio on the computer for a certain amount of time, for example, say like 20 seconds, then un-mute the audio....
  8. I Want Mute System Volume Icon as ICO

I Want Mute System Volume Icon as ICO: [img] Hi. Im New Member and New User for Windows 10. This is My 1st Thread I Want This Icon as ICO to Use for Shortcut Icon and Pin to Taskbar (I Think Size is 128x128 ?) (Use for NirCmd) 42511
  9. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....
  10. Strange problem with a 2.1 speaker set and its mute function

Strange problem with a 2.1 speaker set and its mute function: Hi. I have an HP 15 laptop. The issue I'm having occured in windows 8.1 and now in windows 10 version 1511 build 10586.420 - same laptop. Issue: I have a new Harmon Kardon soundsticks 3 2.1 computer speaker set. This is connected into the headphone jack of laptop. The...