Windows 10: It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Discus and support It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Speaker icon is muted, but volume down key says its 39volume (or decibels) I basically mean that when I press volume down key on my Lenovo computer it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephAlexis2, Jan 12, 2019.

1. It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Speaker icon is muted, but volume down key says its 39volume (or decibels)

I basically mean that when I press volume down key on my Lenovo computer it says its 39 volume, but the speakers is muted.

:)

JosephAlexis2, Jan 12, 2019

2. speakers stuck on mute

My speakers stay constantly on mute. It is like the button is being constantly held down. If i press volume up, it will go up but then when i release the volume, it goes right back down to mute. Ive troubleshooted and it says device is muted, and that it
    failed to fix.

so im not sure where to go with this other than being frrustrated with a fault in pretty much a brand new dell laptop.

AndrewMorden, Jan 12, 2019
  3. jrw46 Win User
    Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

The suggestions about restarting the explorer.exe and running sfc didn't fix the problem. I don't think there is a
    corruped file becuase the mute switch worked fine until the day I upgraded from 7 to 10.

I ran a copy of Linux Live and the mute icon works fine, going back to win 10 the mute switch is always on regardless the postilion of the speaker mute key, the ICON is always on.

jrw46, Jan 12, 2019
  4. jrw46 Win User

It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

Let me repeat what the problem is. The tiny LED on the Speaker key (this key is on the keyboard like all the other keys from A to Z plus all the other useful keys) is always on regardless how I press the speaker key, whether the key is pressed to mute speaker
    or pressed to unmute speaker, the LED should be either 'off' or 'on'. An interesting fact is, when I run the LINUX LIVE OS the speaker on/off led works fine.

I have an HP Laptop running windows upgrade from ver 7 to ver 10. By the way when I was at the windows ver 7 the must speaker key and led worked fine. It's only now that the windows 10 upgrade has been onstalled that the speaker mute key and led doesn't
    work correctly. The problem can be explained in 12 words. "The orange led indicator for the Speaker mute key is always on."

jrw46, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

1. It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted - Similar Threads - says press volume

2. Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.: When I press a certain set of keys my volume goes mute/unmute. If I press left_ctrl, t, tab,6, pageup, home my volume goes from mute to unmute and vice-versa. I tried deleting and reinstalling USB drivers, Audio drivers, etc but none worked. When I deleted USB drivers and...
  3. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  4. Enter key muting volume

Enter key muting volume: whenever i press the enter key, while it does what it's supposed to do, it will also mute the computer volume. the keyboard i use is a logitech G213 if i could have some way to stop this, i'd appreciate it....
  5. Control panel says that a program is muted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel says that a program is muted.: Hello, there was no sound playing from Spotify, so I went into the control panel and it looks like this: I tried clicking on the Spotify Free icon, on the muted speaker icon, but it doesn't work. How can I fix that?[ATTACH]...
  6. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...
  7. Speaker icon on mute

Speaker icon on mute: My speaker icon has a red X and speaker setup UNKNOWN and is OFF can't figure out how to turn on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-mute/e9fe8207-57f9-41c4-badd-0dcd907e8134
  8. speakers muting

speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  9. Mute Icon

Mute Icon: Hey all, This morning on my system was a white speaker icon with an "X" in it and the word "MUTE". My mouse pointer just passes thru it. How do I get rid of it? I'm using WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-icon/fe77352b-0574-4658-939e-f417ad81106f
  10. Speaker icon muted

Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0