Windows 10: It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...

Discus and support It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean when my PC is back and running after the rest, it will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M. Hanuma Reddy, Nov 10, 2021.

1. It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...

It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean when my PC is back and running after the rest, it will be turned on? Can you further explain this?

:)

M. Hanuma Reddy, Nov 10, 2021
  2. sheamus Win User

Bitlocker turned itself off, Samsung Magician Says Encryption enabled

Getting h/w encryption on my laptop has been a bit of a nightmare, but I thought I had it working.... Here is what I did:

• Installed M.2 Samsung 850 evo drive
    • Installed samsung magician, and set Encryption to Ready to Enable.
    • Removed existing HDD
    • Ran samsung secure erase from DVD.
    • Installed Win10
    • Installed Samsung Magician (It said Encryption enabled, finally!)
    • Turned on Bitlocker. It did not prompt me for how much of the drive to encrypt, which (I was told) means that it is using hardware encryption of the drive.
    • Added the HDD back.
    • Updated all my drivers to latest versions for my laptop (Asus GL552VW), including Intel RST drivers (14.x)

After doing all that I just noticed that BitLocker is turned off on my C: drive (the m.2 drive)! I looked in Magician and it still says Encryption is enabled. So I went into Bitlocker to turn it on again for the drive. But now it is prompting me to encrypt used space, or whole disk, which means it isn't using h/w encryption.

What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to enable Secure Boot in BIOS? I have read that the Intel RST drivers can cause problems, but I thought that was only with older versions? Is IRST still an problem?

Edit: When I look in the Disk Management took, I see the C: partition of Disk 1 says: NTFS(Bitlocker Encrypted)., But in Bitlocker Drive Encryption tool it says it is off. Manage-BDE -status c: says that there is no encryption. Really confused now.

sheamus, Nov 10, 2021
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 10, 2021
  4. It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...

Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...

1. It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean... - Similar Threads - says reset BitLocker

2. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  3. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  4. Monitor turning off when resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning off when resetting PC: I was given a gaming PC. The person who I bought it off of did not factory reset the PC when he sold it. I go to reset the PC but my moniter turns off and it disrupts the resetting process, what do I do?...
  5. It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...: It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean when my PC is back and running after the rest, it will be turned on? Can you further explain this?...
  6. It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean...: It says when I reset my PC, BitLocker Drive Encryption will be turned off. Does that mean when my PC is back and running after the rest, it will be turned on? Can you further explain this?...
  7. Accidentally turned pc off when resetting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally turned pc off when resetting.: So I had just installed an extra hard drive and I wanted alot of my apps and stuff to be on the new one. I figured I might as well just reset the pc and start from scratch. Well, it was beginning to reset and I accidentally hit the power button. When i turn it on it shows a...
  8. Is it possible to pause bitlocker encryption and turn off the PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to pause bitlocker encryption and turn off the PC?: I did start to encrypt several hours already but its still taking forever and I do wonder if I can turn off the computer to continue it later on? submitted by /u/sinapsys1 [link] [comments]...
  9. TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION: hi, How and where to enable bitlocker to encrypt system drive. And make a copy of the bitlocker recovery key? concerned, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-bitlocker-drive-encryption/86a9cedd-8a30-47a6-bea1-ed58984a753f
  10. Bitlocker turned itself off, Samsung Magician Says Encryption enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker turned itself off, Samsung Magician Says Encryption enabled: Getting h/w encryption on my laptop has been a bit of a nightmare, but I thought I had it working.... Here is what I did: Installed M.2 Samsung 850 evo drive Installed samsung magician, and set Encryption to Ready to Enable. Removed existing HDD Ran samsung secure erase...