Windows 10: It seems I don't have control over input language

Discus and support It seems I don't have control over input language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Last time I had to set language options, I would go to Settings, Language and, below 'Preferred languages' it would list a single option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/petistasarada, Apr 1, 2020.

1. It seems I don't have control over input language

It seems I don't have control over input language pUZbQoh7Y4PvqPjbqbqHQR_ikAAn7jbRgmSQXkeIX5E.jpg

Last time I had to set language options, I would go to Settings, Language and, below 'Preferred languages' it would list a single option that I used.

It used to be 'English (United States)' as the default app language and Windows display language, with the default input language being set to 'Portuguese (Brazil ABNT2)'.

The problem is, this option now looks like this:

It seems that 'English (United States)' is the default input language for this option

When I click it, this is what I get:

https://preview.redd.it/gwnp8fduw5q...bp&s=534f350cdba6b92e2f71e8449f06edbde712ee7a

There's only 'Portuguese (Brazil ABNT2)' as keyboard layout for this option. Last time I used this option, IIRC the layouts listed under Keyboards would have an option to set as default input language. Default input languages/keyboard layouts couldn't be deleted, so one would always remain.

This option is gone when I click it 'Portuguese (Brazil ABNT2)'.

Does that mean I can't set as default an input language/keyboard layout that is different than the default display/Windows language anymore? Is it a glitch or did they simply change something that was completely fine for absolutely no reason?

I noticed it when I probably accidentally pressed Alt + Shift, which made the input method icon show up in the taskbar. It never showed up because there was always only one language option, which means no two or more options to switch between. I now deactivated this shortcut – IIRC it was disabled already.

This means the settings for input language/keyboard layout were modified, definitely not by me. Also, Control Panel doesn't have language options anymore, they're all gone to the new Settings window which doesn't seem to be working properly.

submitted by /u/petistasarada
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/petistasarada, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Apr 1, 2020
  3. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Nisei Win User

It seems I don't have control over input language

Windows reverting to wrong input language

My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed.
    I have several input languages enabled because I need to be able to switch when inputting in different languages.
    In the Language control panel I have set English (United States) at the top of the list. However, after every reboot Windows reverts my input language to German which is at the bottom of my list.
    In the Advanced Settings of the Language control panel I have now set "Override for default input method" to English as well but still to no avail.
    What else is there to change? I'm getting fed up having to change the input language every time I start up my PC.

Nisei, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

It seems I don't have control over input language

1. It seems I don't have control over input language - Similar Threads - seems don't control

2. Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.: Received a laptop as a gift from a friend, that came in another language. Did some stuff after searching the web and changed every language to English. Only extra thing that stayed and I want it removed is from the Language Input when pressing shift+alt has a language I don't...
  3. Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input extra languages I don't want.: Received a laptop as a gift from a friend, that came in another language. Did some stuff after searching the web and changed every language to English. Only extra thing that stayed and I want it removed is from the Language Input when pressing shift+alt has a language I don't...
  4. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  5. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  6. I am having problems with language & input settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having problems with language & input settings: Hi. I tried to be as detailed as possible so this is a long post but I've included a TL;DR at the end. My system language is set to English (United Kingdom) and this is also the language I type / spellcheck in. However, since my keyboard has an ANSI layout, my primary...
  7. I have no control over windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have no control over windows security: hi I have this problem were I can't use my windows security. because according to some articles there is third party anti- virus program. I'm 100% sure i dont own one or downloaded one so i assume some kind of trojan. like i read in an artriclehere I can't even do...
  8. No Control Panel to modify available multiple Input Languages of a language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Control Panel to modify available multiple Input Languages of a language.: Hi, My computer lists different input languages, one for swedish, two for arabic and threee for English. I obviously only want one of each languages. Swedish, English doesn't matter, but prefer US Keyboard and grammar, but don't really care and Arabic. On the arabic, I'd...
  9. Why don't I have control over App Permissions!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why don't I have control over App Permissions!: Why doesn't windows 10 not allow me to disallow individual permissions?? I was downloading an email program from Microsoft Store and below are just some of the permissions that this software would have had access to!! Why windows, can I not stop these permissions...
  10. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...