Windows 10: It seems my computer is crashing

Discus and support It seems my computer is crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer gave me a blue screen once when I was using it. And the other time, I woke up and saw that the computer had restarted, so I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anserq, Aug 21, 2018.

1. anserq Win User

It seems my computer is crashing

Hi,

My computer gave me a blue screen once when I was using it.

And the other time, I woke up and saw that the computer had restarted, so I am assuming the computer crashed.

There was no updates that were done.

What could be wrong?

:)

anserq, Aug 21, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 21, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Miggle Win User

Friends computer crashing

Hello, my friends computer keeps crashing when ever he tries to play SC2 ( or anything that involves extensive videocard use) , I think he has a GT280X. I'm not sure if its a heat issue, or damage to the card, or what. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Miggle, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. It seems my computer is crashing - Similar Threads - seems computer crashing

2. DirectX12 seems to crash my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 seems to crash my PC: So, it started happening around Jan 26th. After 5 minutes to an hour, my PC would completely freeze up and become unresponsive while playing Tekken 8. I could still hear sound, though.I thought maybe it was just the game so I tried playing something else for a bit and I got...
  3. DirectX12 seems to crash my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX12 seems to crash my PC: So, it started happening around Jan 26th. After 5 minutes to an hour, my PC would completely freeze up and become unresponsive while playing Tekken 8. I could still hear sound, though.I thought maybe it was just the game so I tried playing something else for a bit and I got...
  4. My computer keeps crashing when i'm seemingly doing nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer keeps crashing when i'm seemingly doing nothing: Hi,My computer will freeze and proceed to restart multiple times a day and i can't figure out why. sometime it will occur when its idling, some times it will occur while i'm working on a Word document, i'm not doing anything taxing and i can't figure out why. My drivers and...
  5. My computer seems totally F'ed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer seems totally F'ed: I can't do a startup repair. The computer restarts and the screen just remains black until I turn it off. I can't uninstall the latest Windows update because it does the exact same thing. I can't install the latest Windows update (it's giving me an error). It wants to install...
  6. My computer seems to be broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to be broken: Whenever I launch a program that takes tons of computer resources the computer overheats, blue screens and then shuts off. Any Idea why? This has only just started like 1 or 2 months ago, I have had the computer for around 1 maybe 2 years but that was when it was given to...
  7. computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage: this problem is difficult to explain but here it goes: My computer suddenly crashes whenever a lot of data is going into or out of it. I'm not sure if it's specific to either uploading info or downloading info but it seems to be more closely tied to downloading and it seems...
  8. Crashing for seemingly no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing for seemingly no reason: I've had Win10 for about three to four months now, everything was perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago. All of a sudden my laptop started crashing when I was playing Starbound. I changed a few things, kept Firefox closed when I was playing(even though this laptop is...
  9. BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent): Im am experiencing some sort of crash while my computer is in idle. I do not see the bsod myself but I know they are happening. As I return to my computer I am back in the login screen. I checked the mini dump to find that I have had 2 incidents of my computer crashing with a...
  10. dwm.exe seems to be crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    dwm.exe seems to be crashing my computer: Hey guys, let me start from the beginning. About a month ago I upgraded my PC with new parts and it ran fine for about 2 weeks, and then suddenly the both monitors would go black, flash for about 2 seconds and take me back to the log in screen. When I log back in, every...