Windows 10: It seems that I've been hit with the bug that can corrupt your drive

Discus and support It seems that I've been hit with the bug that can corrupt your drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got the notification saying to restart to repair drive errors, presumably caused by the bug that happens when attempting to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iomughch, Feb 28, 2021.

1. It seems that I've been hit with the bug that can corrupt your drive

I just got the notification saying to restart to repair drive errors, presumably caused by the bug that happens when attempting to access c:\:$i30:$bitmap. I've heard that when you restart, you will either escape with no problems, or it will corrupt your drive. If everything gets corrupted, do i just reinstall windows?

submitted by /u/iomughch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iomughch, Feb 28, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 28, 2021
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 28, 2021
  4. It seems that I've been hit with the bug that can corrupt your drive

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

It seems that I've been hit with the bug that can corrupt your drive

1. It seems that I've been hit with the bug that can corrupt your drive - Similar Threads - seems I've been

2. So I've been hit by malware/virus Even though I've ended the task, it keeps reappearing....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I've been hit by malware/virus Even though I've ended the task, it keeps reappearing....: i can't delete the malware, it keep appearing even though i have ended the task, so i can"t delete it because it open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-ive-been-hit-by-malwarevirus-even-though-ive/5178d40b-c0df-4cdd-b7a0-fa4c4f3e4044
  3. So I've been hit by malware/virus Even though I've ended the task, it keeps reappearing....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I've been hit by malware/virus Even though I've ended the task, it keeps reappearing....: i can't delete the malware, it keep appearing even though i have ended the task, so i can"t delete it because it open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-ive-been-hit-by-malwarevirus-even-though-ive/5178d40b-c0df-4cdd-b7a0-fa4c4f3e4044
  4. So I've been hit by malware/virus Even though I've ended the task, it keeps reappearing....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  6. Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for grandmaster strategies - I've hit a wall: I've begun playing spider solitaire 2 suits at the grandmaster level and find that the same few cards will appear multiple times in a round. Like, 4 8s. I have yet to win a game at this level. Please tell me what kinds of strategies other players use at the grandmaster level....
  7. Windows 10 Bug That Can Corrupt Hard Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Bug That Can Corrupt Hard Drives: Currently, we have seen an unpatched zero day exploit in which allows attackers to corrupt an NTFS-formatted hard drive with a one line command. In multiple tests, this one liner can be delivered hidden inside a Windows shortcut file, a ZIP archive, batch files, or various...
  8. I've been hacked

I've been hacked: I had to make a new email cause someone hacked my old one please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-hacked/ad574826-96dd-4117-9e51-094f8b7a8c62
  9. TextInputFramework.dll seems to be corrupt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TextInputFramework.dll seems to be corrupt.: The TextInputFramework.dll file is causing Destiny 2 to crash. It doesn't cause the problem in any other game. I don't think it is a hardware issue as it only happens in Destiny when I try to open the chat. I have tried everything else I could find on the problem, but I...
  10. I've been attacked

I've been attacked: Today I received an e-mail stating that I've been hacked and they showed me that they know what one of my passwords are. They threatened me unless I send them money they are going to send compromising video taken of me thru my computer camera to everyone on my contact list....