Windows 10: It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.

Discus and support It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i updated to the new windows 10 patch and though i didn't like it as all my browser setting and bookmarks and favourites were removed and it took me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KieranBAFC, Jun 19, 2019.

1. It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.

i updated to the new windows 10 patch and though i didn't like it as all my browser setting and bookmarks and favourites were removed and it took me ages to locate all my files and folders (i knew they were there as i checked how much memory i had left), the next day my laptop updated again and it it severely slowed down my laptop so i looked online on how to uninstall and on this page:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/windows-10-may-2019-update-problems-how-to-fix-them

i went to 'Reset the update' which asked me to type into CMD (as administrator) then restart my laptop:

net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits
    net stop cryptsvc
    Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\SoftwareDistribution.bak
    Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits
    net start cryptsvc

i have just did this but it has no definitely deleted all my files and folders as my memory is now back to 850GB of 916GB It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders. :((((( i only had about 35GB left so you can understand how much videos, music, documents and downloads that have been removed.

please tell my that i am able to get these files and documents back how can i get them back ?

:)

KieranBAFC, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders.

1. It seems the recent windows 10 update has deleted all my files and folders. - Similar Threads - seems recent update

2. The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all my files!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all my files!: The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all files in my C drive Downloads and Desktop and all of my D drive Documents folder files, but left the D drive Pictures/Music folders... How could Microsoft do this to me? What do I do now?...
  3. The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all my files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all my files!: The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all files in my C drive Downloads and Desktop and all of my D drive Documents folder files, but left the D drive Pictures/Music folders... How could Microsoft do this to me? What do I do now?...
  4. The 10 OCT windows 10 update has deleted all my files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update has reset my setup and deleted all files

Windows update has reset my setup and deleted all files: I have been casually using my laptop when I decided to restart with pending update. After the update, all my files and settings are gone. This happened second time in two weeks....
  6. OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps: I am at my whits-end. I am an avid user of OneNote as I am a student. However, I couldn't find as I am using OneNote for windows 10 where my files are saved, and as I need to send in my laptop for repairs, I do not want to run the risk of losing all my notes.I never had a...
  7. OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps

OneDrive has seemingly deleted all my Desktop apps: I am at my whits-end. I am an avid user of OneNote as I am a student. However, I couldn't find as I am using OneNote for windows 10 where my files are saved, and as I need to send in my laptop for repairs, I do not want to run the risk of losing all my notes.I never had a...
  8. All files and folders deleted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All files and folders deleted in windows 10: I had recently downloaded dropbox, but later I uninstalled it and deleted my account because it didn't seem to help me. Today I came over its folder and thought that it would be of no use. So I deleted the folder. But when I did all my files and folders were deleted. They all...
  9. WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS UPDATE DELETING ALL MY FOLDERS: WINDOWS UPDATED OVERNIGHT AND ALL MY FOLDERS HAVE DISAPPEARED/DELETED PLEASE HELP NEED TO RETRIEVE THEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleting-all-my-folders/812c9b42-9337-4028-919a-28095638deef
  10. The recently applied Windows update has deleted all my locally stored files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The recently applied Windows update has deleted all my locally stored files: Hello The Windows update that was automatically applied to my laptop on Sunday night 19th April has deleted all of my locally stored files and required me, effectively, to set up my laptop as if it is brand new. How can I recover all the files that have disappeared,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows has updated and deleted all my files

2. windows update deleted my files

3. windows 10 update deleted my files 2019

4. has recent windows 10 update deleted files